“Great Hotel Near Streets at Southpoint” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Durham
Florida
“Great Hotel Near Streets at Southpoint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Great hotel with very friendly staff. Good restaraunt that offers dining and room service as well. They also have wonderful cookies. The indoor/outdoor pool was very nice and there is a nice lake with paddleboats and walking path around it. Our room was very large and bed was comfortable but the pillows were terrible, I also enjoyed the lake view from our room. I would reccomend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank dolphinfan200013
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 16 August 2011
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to enjoy the restaurant, room service, the cookies and views of the lake. I apologize that the pillows were not comfortable for you. We would have been happy to replace them with new ones for you. Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Stuart M. Doring

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
Palmyra, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stayed in spacious king suite with separate living room area with kitchenette including coffee maker, sink, microwave and small fridge. Our room had a spacious, private terrace overlooking the pool area and beautiful view of pond. They had paddle boats you could take out on the water, but unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to do this. Very nice room and comfortable bed. The indoor/outdoor pool was amazing and nice hot tub. Very clean and great, friendly service. We would likely stay again, if in the Raleigh/Durham area.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your suite, the pool and hot tub. Hopefully on your next visit with us you will get the opportunity to paddleboat around the lake.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We spent two nights here on a trip to visit friends in North Carolina. The hotel backs up to a charming pond with a paved path - great for running or a relaxing morning stroll. The pool and hot tub area were also lovely and I had a great swim early both mornings. (By 10am, the pool was filled with small children, but at 8am I had it to myself.) The rooms are spacious and comfortable.

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
I sincerely appreciate your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your morning swims, as well as the hot tub and the view of the lake and walking trail. We look forward to having you as our guest again on your future visits to the Raleigh/Durham area.
washington, dc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

This was a very good hotel with excellent customer service. My spouse and I had an impromptu stay one evening. I was very impressed by the level of service offered at this hotel. Free breakfast including waffles was a plus.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 5 August 2011
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Raleigh-Durham endeavors to satisfy our guests with the service, accommodations and food/beverage we offer. We appreciate that you took the time to write. We hope you'll plan a future stay with us as we like to have repeat guests. Stuart Doring, General Manager
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

We stay at this hotel often to attend concert venues throughout the Triangle. It is consistently a wonderful hotel. The suites are roomy and on the weekend the hotel is often not booked so you can find quiet places throughout the hotel to unwind between all the Triangle has to offer. The pool, hot tub, and sauna areas are really nice and we also enjoy the walking paths that start right at the hotel. The staff is always friendly and helpful with any area questions that we have. We have this on our radar for many stays in the future.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 11 July 2011
I am so happy to hear your comments regarding the stay at our hotel. I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Triangle!

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

We love the Double Tree in RTP. We have stayed on several occasions and the location is excellent. The hotel is very nice with a scenic lake with a walking trail behind it. The room is fantastic which is a true suite with 2 rooms that include a seperated living area. Every view is scenic. The common areas including the pool, lobby, gym are very nice. I really dont have a negative item to report. We have used the hotel as weekend getaway a few times.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank IMDOCNC
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are pleased to be an enjoyable weekend getaway for you and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed here June 17th and 18th while visiting my son. Yes, it is somewhat difficult to find but worth the effort. Check-in was professionally handled. The room is spacious and the bed was comfortable. Since the property is off the main highway, rooms are quite. My room overlooked the lake which was also nice. Had breakfast both mornings and again, service was professional and accommodating. Food quality was excellent. Stopped at the bar Saturday evening for a beer. Couple on draft that I was unfamiliar with and the bartender brought samples of each. I also couldn’t beat the price for a weekend stay. What really stands out to me, however, is not the property but the management. I always check reviews when staying at a new property. The general manager takes the time to respond to reviews both positive and negative. To me, that speaks volumes about the commitment to customer service. I have already booked rooms for May, 2012 for graduation.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DTGSDurham, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, our staff and your meals during your stay. We look forward to having you return to our hotel in the future.