“Very close to everything. Excellent front desk staff.”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Requested room with lake view when reserving, Upon check in and going to our room, no view. However, we received a room with a lake view within minutes. Only problem, MOLD in bathroom and part of bedroom. Otherwise, great staff and close to everything.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stay here regularly on business and its comfortable and clean and nicely based on a small lake. Reception staff are great and the shuttle service is superb and the staff driving the shuttle cannt do enough for you, makes it a very memorable experience. Food is OK and restaurant staff are not as friendly as rest and beware of them bringing appetizer and entree together, something that really annoys me!

Room Tip: ask for lake view
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Had stayed here during the last week of Jan 2013. I must say that my experience was very good. The rooms are spacious and well maintained, the staff very friendly and courteous. They provide a complimentary shuttle service to places within a 5 mile radius that includes the Durham airport as well. A specific mention of the chauffeurs for the shuttle - all are terrific people! Very helpful and always cheerful.
The complimentary breakfast was quite good - a welcome change for me from the routine.
And I cannot forget to mention the promptness of the hotel management - the morning after I checked in, there was a problem with the hot water system. When I called up the reception, they gave me a correct information on the status and the time by when it would be fixed. And they were spot on!! Even bigger surprise was during check-out. I noticed a credit of 50% of the room rent on my day2 and asked what it was. I was told that since I faced some inconvenience during my stay, they had reversed 50% of the charges for that day! Frankly, I was left speechless.
Now, that is professionalism and customer service!!

Room Tip: None. It is a great place to stay...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ramesh1069
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback. I will share you comments with the Doubletree team and recognize them for a job well done. I look forward to next stay!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

The hotel is fairly close to everything, but there is not much within walking distance. The staff is attentive and friendly, and the rooms are spacious and clean. We have stayed at this same hotel on trips to Chapel Hill, NC, which is only about 15-20 minutes away.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for a great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Great value for the Buck. I really liked the lights and the tables and i didnt like the smoothie from room service it tasted like chuck of fruit and i almost choked. the sofa bed was an interesting sleep very uncomfortable and lumpy. while the room had tissues i was sick during our stay and i was very lucky that i remembered to bring my own lotion tissues because the ones they had were terrible. In all i enjoyed our stay and had a wonderful time just with minor issues.

Room Tip: Talk to front desk staff upon check in and they always make sure I get exactly what you need to make...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I booked this room online and had minimal interaction with the staff. So I cannot say much about the quality of the staff. However, once I arrived I checked in very easily and went right up to my room. To my surprise, the room was huge. It had a living area with a mini kitchen area that had a microwave, coffee maker, and a sink. The couch and TV were on the other side of the room. The bed was in a separate room along with a wall mounted table which I used to store my duffle bag and another TV. The bathroom was quite large as well. The room was clean and quiet, and the bed was comfortable. I would love to stay here again and would recommend it to my friends/family.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you know all of our rooms are suites which allows our guests plenty of room while they are away from home. We hope you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I'm a business traveler so I don't go for fluff - I want a welcoming, quiet and comfortable stay. Needless to say, the staff attitude is number 1 on my list. One can't go wrong with this hotel - the staff is very professional yet friendly and goes out of their way to make one feel welcome. This is my home-away-from-home for 7 months now. I tried several hotel in the area, but this place calms me down. There's a nice view of the lake, there are rooms with balconies facing the lake - one could walk/jog and it's a good place to wind down at end of day. They have European clients (proximity to IBM campus), so they serve different breakfast foods - from yogurt, cold cuts, fresh fruits, grilled asparagus, cheese, pastries, to unusual daily hot-foods - crab cakes, steaks, blintzes and the usual eggs and bacon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

We are all very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We do like to cater to our guests and have many "different" items on our breakfast buffet. Thank you for staying with us!