“Excellent Service”

Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
durham, United States
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

All of the employees were very nice and the service was great. My only problem was other guest and the noise that they were making. I wish the room had a Jacuzzi in it. Or that they hot tub stayed open a little later.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
We truly appreciate you taking a moment of your time to share your thoughts about your recent visit. My team and I take great pride in providing exemplary service, and we are all so happy that this was your experience. I have passed on your additional comments to the appropriate staff members. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This Doubletree was a welcoming, pleasant stay. The staff were helpful and efficient , the rooms were comfortable and clean, the restaurant while low key was well run. I would stay at this Doubletree again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. My team and I were thrilled to hear that you experienced a welcoming and pleasant stay. Most importantly we are delighted that we will have the privelege of hosting you during your next visit to our area. See you soon!
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I always stay in a Hilton to rack up the points. It's a mid-priced. adequate hotel chain But what is very frustrating is to try and get more than one water bottle into their trash cans!!! They are separated into two parts for recycling and non-recycling items, but you end up stacking the trash next to the trash can because nothing can fit in the trash cans they're so small. This is a serious flaw chain wide. This hotel backs a small pond/lake which provides a little atmosphere which is nice. Walls are pretty thin. It's always nice to have the extra living room with a fridge.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback, which is always appreciated. I'm sorry that you found the size of the trash cans to be unsuitable for your needs. The intent of the design is to offer our guest's the opportunity to help the environment through recycling. I was, however, glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful and relaxing lake during your stay. We hope to serve you again in the future.
Ayden, NC
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This hotel was very nice. Walking into the lobby, I felt like I had stepped into a modern, comfortable, space with great décor and ambiance. The front desk staff were friendly and welcoming. Definitely appreciated the warm cookie at check in. There was a restaurant on the 1st floor by the elevators but I did not have a chance to go. I was told at check in about an indoor and outdoor pool but did not have a chance to check those out either. I loved my room it was a 2 room suite. The bedroom and bathroom were in one area separated by French doors from the living room/dining area. My bed was comfortable. There was ample space for getting ready. I had 2 guests over and while I was using the mirror in the bathroom. There was a separate area with a mirror and small shelf right outside the bathroom that the 2 guests were able to use without getting in my way. Each room had a TV. The living area had a sofa which was also a pull outsofa and a chair. Nearby there was a table with a couple of chairs. 3 - 4 ppl could easily sit in that area. Maybe even a 5th. There was a microwave and refrigerator. I did not take advantage of all the amenities. I saw that there was also a fitness center and business center so I cannot speak to that but from what I did see, I thought this hotel was a very nice place to stay in the Durham area. Also, there is a mall and dining on the next exit which is very convenient. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel.

Only 3 things that I disliked: (1) Breakfast not included and (2) I was charged for local calls - .75 per call - glad I only made one while my phone was charging, (3) WIFI not automatically included. You had to be a Hilton Honors Member otherwise there was a charge - not sure how much

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
On behalf of my entire team, we sincerely thank you for your complimentary review. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially our large, spacious and comfortable suites. Our goal is to provide each of our guest's a positive and memorable experience. We welcome you back soon!
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I absolutely loved my stay at this Doubletree in Durham, NC, Meridian Court. The room furnishings were up-to-date, it was clean, and most of all -- the staff was friendly and when needed, their response was very prompt. The beds were exceptionally comfortable, and my daughter and I had more than enough space in our suite to allow for privacy from each other. I highly recommend this hotel as a family stay, personal trip, and for business related travel. The only thing I wish they would change is the cost for internet -- it is not free. Everything else -- kudos!!! I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
We truly appreciate your recommendation of our hotel to fellow travelers, and I am so delighted to hear how much you loved your stay with us! Our team of service professionals pride ourselves on providing exceptional guest service and happy that you were able to experience their talents firsthand. We are just beginning a comprehensive renovation of the hotel, so we invite you back to check out our new and improved look!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Tiffany at check inn was terrific and Tony at check was a pleasure to work with. I would like to congratulate each person and I hope that you will share the positive comments with each of them. Because of these two persons I differently plan to stay at this location again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your complimentary review, and you can be assured that I will share your positive comments with Tiffany and Tony. We are always grateful to our guest's that take a moment of their time to recognize such deserving associates. We look forward to your return visit!
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Somewhat dated hotel near research triangle park. Stayed there two nights with toddlers while we were moving to NC. Suites are divided by closet type folding doors, so not much privacy.
Breakfast was overpriced and not very good. Room service was much the same. French onion soup was terrible.
Now that I know the area better, I would stay somewhere else and not send visitors there.

• Stayed April 2013
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
We do appreciate your honest feedback about your recent visit. I certainly agree that the hotel is dated, in fact, we are in the beginning phases of an extensive renovation of the entire property. I have passed on your comments about your food and beverage experience and do apologize that we did not exceed your expectations in this area. We do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and invite you to return and enjoy our "new look".