DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 5 September 2013

great and wonderful hotel for the price. internet access at 9.95 is a bit ridiculous. I need it, so I had to pay it, but really a hotel of this magnitude should not charge guests to access the internet. everything else, however was wonderful and well worth the price and my business.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review of your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you found our spacious suites to be a great value and "well worth the price". We invite you to return and allow us to serve you again soon!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I loved my stay at the Doubletree Suites near the Raleigh-Durham airport. It is tucked away in a somewhat secluded spot with lots of trees and greenery. It is only a few minutes from the airport, though. I never heard an airplane come in during my entire stay. The suite is very nice - spacious with two television sets, a larger refrigerator, and a very large bathroom. My only complaint was that there seemed to be a lack of electrical outlets. I have a CPAP machine, and I had to unplug a table lamp by the bed to plug it in. The outlet was also in a difficult place to reach - right in the center of the headboard. Other than that slight complaint, everything else was lovely. The hotel is quiet. I ordered room service, and the salmon I ordered was cooked perfectly. The hotel staff is extremely nice, and the breakfast in the restaurant was great. Lots of choices on the continental breakfast that comes free if you are an elite member of Hilton Honors.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

It was a pleasure having you as a valued guest, and we truly appreciate you taking the time to provide us your kind review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your "Sweet Suite", and thank you for the great tag line! I have passed on your compliments to our Chef and the entire team in the Piney Point Grill regarding your food and beverage experience. We would love to host you again in the near future!

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My mom and I stayed here for one night because it was close to the airport. The staff was more than nice the whole time we were there. LOBBY: We were greeted with smiles and the man helping us was so sweet and seemed like a friend rather than being nice cause he had to. RESTAURANT: It was good, nothing too fancy. We ordered salads, soup and chicken strips and it came out fast and fresh. Our waiter was also very nice and attentive. ROOM: Our room was very clean and big. The beds are super soft and I liked that there was a fridge and coffee pot. Our stay was short but I would have like the amenities if I stayed longer. We didn't get to try the pool or other lake activities but I would stay there again and try them out!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer S
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

On behalf of the entire staff at the Doubletree Suites Raleigh-Durham, we thank you for your review and sharing your experience with other travelers. I have passed on your compliments to the team members that you have recognized and they certainly will be recognized for providing you great service. We invite you back to enjoy our additional amenities such as our indoor/outdoor pool, paddleboats on our beautiful lake or our sand volleyball court. See you soon!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I stayed on buisness and found the primary benefit was the location and free shuttle service. The staff were without exception extremely helpful and went out of their way to assist me. I felt wi-fi should have been free to use but other than that the facilities were good with the hotel switch connecting all calls perfectly. I can not assess the leisure facilities as I did not have time to use them. The hotel needed updating in parts but one of the staff mentioned there are plans in place to do this soon as it stands when I stayed the rooms were all suite, spacious and clean but a little 90's feeling. On balance I would be very happy to stay again and would hope to see the same people working there, I'd just never order a small pizza in room again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Rachel_01010

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent experience at our hotel. The best compliment that we can receive is to know that you would stay with us again on a future visit to Raleigh-Durham. I am glad that you found our dedicated staff to be extremely helpful and you enjoyed our convenient location and complimentary shuttle service. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 28 August 2013

All of the employees were very nice and the service was great. My only problem was other guest and the noise that they were making. I wish the room had a Jacuzzi in it. Or that they hot tub stayed open a little later.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

We truly appreciate you taking a moment of your time to share your thoughts about your recent visit. My team and I take great pride in providing exemplary service, and we are all so happy that this was your experience. I have passed on your additional comments to the appropriate staff members. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This Doubletree was a welcoming, pleasant stay. The staff were helpful and efficient , the rooms were comfortable and clean, the restaurant while low key was well run. I would stay at this Doubletree again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. My team and I were thrilled to hear that you experienced a welcoming and pleasant stay. Most importantly we are delighted that we will have the privelege of hosting you during your next visit to our area. See you soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

I always stay in a Hilton to rack up the points. It's a mid-priced. adequate hotel chain But what is very frustrating is to try and get more than one water bottle into their trash cans!!! They are separated into two parts for recycling and non-recycling items, but you end up stacking the trash next to the trash can because nothing can fit in the trash cans they're so small. This is a serious flaw chain wide. This hotel backs a small pond/lake which provides a little atmosphere which is nice. Walls are pretty thin. It's always nice to have the extra living room with a fridge.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback, which is always appreciated. I'm sorry that you found the size of the trash cans to be unsuitable for your needs. The intent of the design is to offer our guest's the opportunity to help the environment through recycling. I was, however, glad to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful and relaxing lake during your stay. We hope to serve you again in the future.