“Nice place to stay and very convenient”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We enjoyed the relaxing setting the hotel provided and also the convenient proximity to many major roads. Breakfast was very good and a great value. Lovely walking path around a pond with waterfalls. Rooms are showing their age but it was clean and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LuvNC2013
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our relaxing environment as well as our convenient location to all that Raleigh-Durham has to offer. We are currently undergoing a multi million dollar renovation, and invite you back to enjoy our fresh new appearance.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Make sure you avoid any rooms near the elevators at this location. The gears continue to turn after every use and takes a while to stop. The location of the hotel is convenient and the staff is nice but it's an older DoubleTree and needs to be renovated.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

We are terribly sorry that you were disturbed by the noise of the elevators. I am glad, however, to hear that you found our location to be convenient for your needs and that the staff was nice. We agree with you completely that we are in need of a renovation, and in fact, are currently undergoing one. We invite you to come back and see our new and improved look.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Nice centrally located hotel. Its been my regular spot whenever I come to the RDU area. The airport shuttle is nice. Good food in the restaurant and very fiendly staff. Nice free parking. Access to internet. It may be nice to hace free internet in all the roomsI will keep coming back

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

On behalf of my entire team, thank you for your complimentary review. It is our goal to create a lasting and memorable experience for each our guests. The best compliment that we can receive is to know that you will be back. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

The main thing I don't like about Doubletree is the $15 breakfast. It is not particularly better than the Hyatt that I stayed at that also offered a breakfast, but theirs was complimentary. I would like it better if there was at least a complimentary bagel or something I could grab on my way out with my coffee. I do enjoy the cookie at check-in though. Also the furniture was comfortable and I really liked the chair in the living room area. The furniture was a little bit worn but serviceable. Also the bathroom had a place where plaster in the ceiling was repaired somewhat shoddily.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us your valuable feedback. I do apologize that you experienced some issues with the condition of the hotel, however, I can assure you that these are currently being addressed. The hotel has begun a multi-million dollar renovation to give us a needed "facelift". We do hope that you will choose to return and stay with us and check out our new and improved look.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I needed a room in the RTP area for a night. Everything started off well. I found the front desk clerk helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the room service dinner was pretty good.

I got up and worked on a few things for the day ahead and then went to take a shower to get ready for an afternoon meeting. When I turned on the shower I found out that there was no water. I called the front desk and they informed me that there was not water due to renovations and that I should have been informed at check in that it would be turned off. I was never informed of this. I told them that I had to get ready for a meeting and there only solution was to take a cold shower in the pool area or wait for 2 hours for the water to be cut back on. Neither solution worked for me. I had to call a friend that lives in the area and use their home to get ready.

This was not the experience that I expected from a Hotel of this caliber.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

On behalf of the entire staff of the Doubletree Suites Hotel, we extend our sincerest apologies. While we are unable to control the water issue during our renovation, it certainly is unacceptable that you were not informed of such at arrival. Please feel free to contact my assistant, Dan, at 919-361-4660 to discuss your experience in greater detail. Once again, we are truly sorry.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

If you're looking for great accomodations, food and service, The Doubletree in Durham NC is the place for it all. I arrived early and they got a room for me right away so I didn't have to wait. Love this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so very much for sharing your positive comments about your recent stay with us. We could not be more pleased that you experienced "great accomodations, food and service". We take great pride in offering the same experience to each and every one of our valued guest's. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Stayed two nights when my air conditioner broke in September over Labor Day weekend. Got a great price from the hotel website--packed my bags and moved in. The warm cookie, huge two room suite, and comfy bed were terrific. There's a large counter with a minibar sink, a half fridge, and a microwave, and a coffeemaker. What's really really dumb is that the waste container is the size of a bathroom wastebasket--but it has a plastic divider inside to subdivide the wastebasket into slots for recyclables and non-recyclables. Now I am a fiend about recycling, but the side of the basket had no room for water bottles, cans. A rolled up newspaper was all that fit. And for travelers who are gonna stay and warm up meals in the microwave--well, their trash won't fit in the wastebasket either, and you have to pile your trash in an untidy heap. It's a small thing, but other travelers are raning bout the same thing. On my second night, I noticed I didn't have the bottled water I was supposed to have, and I had no washcloths wither--It took two calls and over an hour to get these things--but the front desk person was very apologetic and brought the wash cloths personally since she couldn't get hold of housekeeping. The room next door had laughing, jumping, running, shrieking kids all perfectly audible at 9 at night, but the front desk asked them to pipe down. The gym wasn't clean, and the treadmill squeaked unbearably. There was only one elliptical machine.

The toiletries were Crabtree and were really nice. The air conditioner worked beautifully. The staff were super friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback about your recent stay. We take all of your comments seriously as we continually strive to provide each of our guests a pleasant and memorable experience. I am glad to hear that you found our dedicated and committed staff of professionals to be "super friendly".