“Treated so very well!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My husband and I arrived around 8:30 pm. The outside resembles The Contemporary at Disney World. We booked online using our Hilton rewards. When we arrived we saw two huge buses for a University and got a tad worried about the craziness that might go on. We were wrong, it was a very delightful, quiet experience.

They were out of their cookies; but we received vouchers for free breakfast. The room was huge, clean and comfortable. There were a few minor housekeeping issues, but nothing to keep us from a great night sleep. Crabtree and Evelyn amenities.

Breakfast was delicious, great variety. The woman in charge told us we missed the early morning football team crowd!! We would certainly stay again. Everyone was so pleasant.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at the Doubletree Suites Hotel with your fellow travelers! Of course I am thrilled that you left feeling "treated so very well", and that you enjoyed your spacious, clean and comfortable suite. Thank you for your numerous compliments, which I can assure you have been passed on to our hard working and dedicated team members. They will be as pleased as I am. We welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Everything about this stay was excellent, from the Room, Restaurant, and Bar. All hotel employees I encountered were exceptional. One of the best things was how quiet the room was. I would stay at this hotel again, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us your valuable feedback about your recent stay with us! My team and I are delighted to hear that everything about your stay was "excellent". Our goal is to provide each of our guests that same excellent experience. I am glad that you found your large, spacious suite to be quiet and relaxing, and most importantly, that you will stay with us again and recommend our hotel to others. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Have never stayed at a Doubletree before, we were very pleased with everything. The room was clean, comfortable furniture and bed, quiet. Our meal at the restaurant was good, better than the average hotel restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

On behalf of the entire team at the Doubletree Suites in Raleigh-Durham, we thank you for your kind and complimentary review. I am delighted that we were able to provide you the experience and service that Doubletree is famous for throughout the world. We hope to retain you as a loyal guest of the Hilton Family of hotels for years to come!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We just spent a weekend in Chapel Hill, NC & stayed at the Doubletree in Durham. It's not exactly around the corner, but it is worth the extra few minutes to get there. The DT is clean, neat, efficient. The staff are all friendly and warm. Our room was absolutely beautiful and overlooked an enticing outdoor pool, a small lake and the tennis courts. Our bed was so comfortable, the towels were big & fluffy. We had breakfast once in the restaurant and my omelet was made to order and they were very accomodating with my special requests. They also had a full buffet breakfast but I felt that they were a bit low on healthy choices so I opted not to order that. But my husband said the food was all good and I did taste a melt-in-your-mouth breakfast casserole. I was told that the hotel is due to be renovated in the next few months with new carpeting, new furniture and other essentials. I was very surprised by that because I honestly felt they didn't need to do anything. It's rare to find such a clean, well-kept place. We enjoyed it so much that we've already changed our plans & have decided to stay there for graduation next May, in spite of the distance. Maybe I'll get some time to relax by the pool then!

A special hello to the Manager, Jamie, who took the time to chat with us when we checked out. It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm looking forward to seeing you again in May!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

My team and I cannot thank you enough for your complimentary review and recommendation to other travelers to stay with us while in the Raleigh Durham area. I have passed on your numerous compliments to all of the hotel departments you mentioned, especially our Housekeeping staff that works tirelessly to maintain our meticulously clean hotel. We can't wait to have you back in May so that we can pamper you as you relax by our inviting swimming pool!

Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice place to stay, especially if you're looking for somewhere close to RTP or UNC or Duke. The suites are a very generous size, and there is plenty of parking. Breakfast is ok. The staff is helpful and knowledgable if you ask the right people.

• Stayed: September 2013

I was very happy to read your kind review of your recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your endorsement to fellow travelers, and I am glad that you enjoyed your large, spacious suite and our complimentary parking. Most importantly, I am delighted that you were able to experience "southern hospitality" at its finest with our helpful and knowledgeable staff. We hope see you back again soon!

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We enjoyed the relaxing setting the hotel provided and also the convenient proximity to many major roads. Breakfast was very good and a great value. Lovely walking path around a pond with waterfalls. Rooms are showing their age but it was clean and the beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LuvNC2013

Thank you very much for your complimentary review of our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our relaxing environment as well as our convenient location to all that Raleigh-Durham has to offer. We are currently undergoing a multi million dollar renovation, and invite you back to enjoy our fresh new appearance.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Make sure you avoid any rooms near the elevators at this location. The gears continue to turn after every use and takes a while to stop. The location of the hotel is convenient and the staff is nice but it's an older DoubleTree and needs to be renovated.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

We are terribly sorry that you were disturbed by the noise of the elevators. I am glad, however, to hear that you found our location to be convenient for your needs and that the staff was nice. We agree with you completely that we are in need of a renovation, and in fact, are currently undergoing one. We invite you to come back and see our new and improved look.