“Peace and Quietness”

Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
charlotte, United States
“Peace and Quietness”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

If you are looking for quality accomodations close to the interstate then this is a GREAT choice. I was able to use some of my Hilton points to get the rate of the room down. There was a wedding at the hotel as well that weekend and we really could not tell. Had a nice view overlooking the lake area. Nice comfortable beds, great looking room and nice size tv.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
My team and I were thrilled to receive your kind and complimentary review of the Doubletree Suites Raleigh-Durham. We are delighted that you found your "nice comfortable bed, great looking room and nice size TV" to have made your visit with us a great one. We appreciate your recommendation to fellow travelers to join us for a "peace and quiet visit". Thanks for staying with us and we eagerly await your return!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Spent 4 nights here in the past week. Full marks to each and every staff member I interacted with - welcoming, friendly, courteous & helpful.
I was impressed with the room - a spacious suite, good lighting and a very comfortable bed (there were two actually)
Leisure / health workout facilities are great. Clean & nicely laid out.
I missed a trick by choosing to try local restaurants on the first two nights. Third night I ate in, and was pleasantly surprised - Good food, service, and atmosphere. Breakfast buffet was perfect for my needs - I did not want for anything that wasn't laid out in the morning.
One drawback: This is not easily seen from Meridien Parkway. It was very late at night when I arrived, and for a weary traveler, I would strongly suggest they place a sign on the junction with Meridien to make it a little more conspicuous. For this reason, I have marked the 'location' scoring aspect of this review as 'average' (even though this actually occupies a really nice footprint with a lovely lake at the rear)

I would definitely use this hotel again.
BTW - This refers to stay in room 309

Room Tip: I have no tips for the selection of a good room. The lifts are very quiet and very quick. I do not i...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
Thank you very much for your kind and complimentary review, particularly your recommendation of our hotel to fellow travelers. I was thrilled to hear that you found our dedicated team members to be "welcoming, friendly, courteous and helpful". I have passed on your numerous compliments to our entire team and can assure you that they will be as pleased as I am. We invite you back soon so that we can again pamper you while you enjoy our large, spacious suites, beautiful lake and other amenities!
Durham, NC, United States
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was in room 405. Nice view of lake but I had to keep killing these little bugs. They moved me to room 604 conference room, not as nice but they let someone come in while we were away. When we got back, we had a bathtub full of ice. Never had that bad of an experience at DoubleTree before. I have always in the pass had great experiences at the DoubleTree. Don't know what happened this year. See what will happen next year.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us your valuable feedback on your recent visit. While I am disappointed that you were not completely satisfied with your experience during this stay, I was happy to hear that you have had great experiences with us in previous visits. I do apologize for your current issues and can assure you that we will do everything possible to make your next experience with us a positive and memorable one.
Kentucky
Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I arrived around 8:30 pm. The outside resembles The Contemporary at Disney World. We booked online using our Hilton rewards. When we arrived we saw two huge buses for a University and got a tad worried about the craziness that might go on. We were wrong, it was a very delightful, quiet experience.

They were out of their cookies; but we received vouchers for free breakfast. The room was huge, clean and comfortable. There were a few minor housekeeping issues, but nothing to keep us from a great night sleep. Crabtree and Evelyn amenities.

Breakfast was delicious, great variety. The woman in charge told us we missed the early morning football team crowd!! We would certainly stay again. Everyone was so pleasant.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your positive experience at the Doubletree Suites Hotel with your fellow travelers! Of course I am thrilled that you left feeling "treated so very well", and that you enjoyed your spacious, clean and comfortable suite. Thank you for your numerous compliments, which I can assure you have been passed on to our hard working and dedicated team members. They will be as pleased as I am. We welcome you back soon!
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Everything about this stay was excellent, from the Room, Restaurant, and Bar. All hotel employees I encountered were exceptional. One of the best things was how quiet the room was. I would stay at this hotel again, and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us your valuable feedback about your recent stay with us! My team and I are delighted to hear that everything about your stay was "excellent". Our goal is to provide each of our guests that same excellent experience. I am glad that you found your large, spacious suite to be quiet and relaxing, and most importantly, that you will stay with us again and recommend our hotel to others. We look forward to your next visit!
Jackson, United States
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Have never stayed at a Doubletree before, we were very pleased with everything. The room was clean, comfortable furniture and bed, quiet. Our meal at the restaurant was good, better than the average hotel restaurant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
On behalf of the entire team at the Doubletree Suites in Raleigh-Durham, we thank you for your kind and complimentary review. I am delighted that we were able to provide you the experience and service that Doubletree is famous for throughout the world. We hope to retain you as a loyal guest of the Hilton Family of hotels for years to come!
Dix Hills, New York
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We just spent a weekend in Chapel Hill, NC & stayed at the Doubletree in Durham. It's not exactly around the corner, but it is worth the extra few minutes to get there. The DT is clean, neat, efficient. The staff are all friendly and warm. Our room was absolutely beautiful and overlooked an enticing outdoor pool, a small lake and the tennis courts. Our bed was so comfortable, the towels were big & fluffy. We had breakfast once in the restaurant and my omelet was made to order and they were very accomodating with my special requests. They also had a full buffet breakfast but I felt that they were a bit low on healthy choices so I opted not to order that. But my husband said the food was all good and I did taste a melt-in-your-mouth breakfast casserole. I was told that the hotel is due to be renovated in the next few months with new carpeting, new furniture and other essentials. I was very surprised by that because I honestly felt they didn't need to do anything. It's rare to find such a clean, well-kept place. We enjoyed it so much that we've already changed our plans & have decided to stay there for graduation next May, in spite of the distance. Maybe I'll get some time to relax by the pool then!

A special hello to the Manager, Jamie, who took the time to chat with us when we checked out. It was a pleasure meeting you and I'm looking forward to seeing you again in May!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
My team and I cannot thank you enough for your complimentary review and recommendation to other travelers to stay with us while in the Raleigh Durham area. I have passed on your numerous compliments to all of the hotel departments you mentioned, especially our Housekeeping staff that works tirelessly to maintain our meticulously clean hotel. We can't wait to have you back in May so that we can pamper you as you relax by our inviting swimming pool!