“Wait until Renovations are Over”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Mebane, United States
“Wait until Renovations are Over”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I planned my daughters sweet 16 at this hotel which in turn I had to reserve 2 Rooms for the Weekend to pull off what i was trying to do for her surprise and after all the hoopla for the weekend i stayed for an Extra night just to get some rest. Lo and behold after relocating me due to loud guest I was then placed in the far back but to then have to listen to Construction pounding. Other than that my stay was fine ....just dont go UNTIL after Renovation if you are looking to get some R & R.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your recent stay. My team and I truly apologize that you were disturbed by the renovation noise. Although we are excited to soon have a newly updated and refreshed hotel, that does not occur without some temporary inconveniences. We would welcome the pleasure of hosting you again in the new year when our renovations will be complete. Hope to see you then!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My stay began when I checked in at about 7pm and shortly thereafter a loud event began outside my window, finally finishing at 11pm - it was a speaker and music. I couldn't concentrate on anything else, the noise filled my room. Guests weren't notified that a disruptive event would be taking place and the hotel was barely apologetic. Clearly events are priority over guests.

Room Tip: Rooms that do not face their event space may be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
I do apologize that you had a less than desirable experience during your recent visit to the Doubletree Suites Raleigh-Durham. We certainly should have notified you in advance of the possibility of noise, and I can assure you that our policy is very strict that all event noise ends not later than 10pm. I would ask you to please contact Dan at the hotel, 919-361-4660, so that you and he may discuss a resolution and gesture of the hotel's apology. Thank you.
Marietta, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

If you are renovating a hotel then you should let potential guests know it so they can decide if they would like to choose to go to another hotel rather than pay to be a part of your renovation. I was put into a room where they drilled in the room above me and then they proceeded to put down carpet with the knee knocker. I then went down to get dinner in the restuarant at 6:00 pm the resturant opened at 5:00 pm, I was told that they were already out of crab cakes and salmon. I ordered chicken breasts and one hour later had still not been served. I left he resturant with the intentions of just ordering room services. I went back to my room, called room services and was place on hold, after 10 minutes of waiting I hung up and hit the vending machine. I will never stay at this hotel again!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
My team and I truly apologize for your less than positive experience at the Doubletree Suites Raleigh-Durham. As you mentioned, we are currently in the process of renovating the property, spending millions of dollars to add an updated style and appearance to the hotel. Unfortunately, this process does not come without some noise and temporary inconveniences. I also apologize for the delays you had in the restaurant and with Room Service. I would appreciate if you could contact the hotel at 919-361-4660 and speak with Dan in Guest Services. He will be happy to work with you on a resolution to the issues you experienced.
Knoxville, United States
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Beautiful newly updated colorscheme and furniture has replaced the old 1980s decor. Luckily, the fantastic dinner salads haven't changed. Nor the friendly and honest staff. I left my phone charger in the room. The house staff had turned it in and it was returned.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for your review regarding your recent visit to the Doubletree Suites Raleigh-Durham. I am glad to hear that you appreciated and enjoyed our updated new look...and that is just the beginning...many more renovations and improvements on the way! We can't wait to have you back when our updated look is completed. Thank you for your compliments on our "friendly and honest staff", they do work very hard to ensure that each of our guests has a great experience. I will also pass on your compliments to our culinary team about their fantastic dinner salads. Hope to see you again soon!
Augusta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Wonderful room with great space & nice modern touches! Wonderful lodge decor throughout hotel! Staff courteous, professional & very helpful! Of course the warm cookies upon arrival is always appreciated:-). Definitely will stay here again!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Carol C, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
I am delighted to hear that you were "pleasantly surprised" with your recent visit to the Doubletree Suites Raleigh-Durham. My team and I are dedicated to providing each of our valued guest's exceptional service, and I am so happy that you found them to be "courteous, professional and very helpful". Mission accomplished!! We have plenty more delicious, warm chocolate chip cookies awaiting your next visit! We hope to see you soon.
Spindale, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Excellent accomodations. Would highly reccomend this hotel to anyone that is visiting in the Raleigh-Durham area. It is close to many restaurants and entertainment venues. Several colleges in the area for weekend sports activities.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you very much for your sweet review of your recent stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your "excellent accomodations", and even more importantly, that you would highly recommend our hotel to anyone visiting Raleigh-Durham. Such a valued compliment! Our excellent location and ease of freeway access does make us an excellent choice to enjoy the many entertainment venues and universities in the area. We hope to have the pleasure of having you visit us again soon!
Tulsa, OK, United States
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I came in late one night, and needed a shuttle early the next morning. The front desk person assured me it was no problem, and sent me to bed with a cookie. They were all extremely polite and helpful, and my shuttle was right on time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us, and your fellow travelers, the positive feedback about your recent experience at the Doubletree Suites Raleigh-Durham. I will certainly pass on your compliments to the front desk and transportation departments who are so comitted to providing legendary and memorable guest service. And of course your stay at Doubletree would not be complete without one of our famous and delicious chocolate chip cookies. We look forward to having you back soon!