DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Raleigh
“SPECTACULAR”
Reviewed 30 August 2008

I hesitate to tell you all how wonderful this place is because I want to keep it for myself!

If you can, DEFINITELY stay here. Incredible customer service, incredible rooms, A+ housekeeping -- a gem in Durham!

Stayed August 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Virginia
Reviewed 23 July 2008

I loved everything about this place. Everything was so nice and clean to perfection. Everyone treated you so nicely. It was more than I ever could have expected. I would recommend this hotel anyday and I do plan on staying there again within the next couple of weeks!!!!!!

• Liked — I loved the lake view by the pool.
  • Disliked — I don't have one bad thing to say about this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 July 2008

I recently stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites in Durham NC for two nights over the weekend for pleasure. My wife and I were attending my sisters wedding and choose this hotel close to Chapel Hill.

The hotel is fantastic. Each room is a suite and the rooms are quite large. They are clean and well maintained with everything that you are looking for including good A.C., a great bed, well functioning Wifi internet.

The living room has a sofa, chair, desk and counter for the coffee machine and microwave along with a TV (no plasma's here). The bedroom which is separated from the living room has the bed and a dressing area which is nice connecting to the bathroom. My room also had a very large balcony overlooking the pool and lake.

The pool is fantastic and the hotel also has a hot tub, hot sauna and tennis courts. I really enjoyed the chaises by the pool which are new and have great cushions on them.

I would definitely return to this hotel if I am ever in the area again. It had a great price, great property and great rooms.

• Liked — Great Pool Area, Sauna and Hot Tub
  • Disliked — front desk staff were pretty weak
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
Washington, DC
Reviewed 25 June 2008

I have stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions but never impressed with the service received. During my last visit, however, it went beyond ignoring. The wait staff in the hotel restaurant ignored me while dining all three days (buffet breakfast), my hotel room was not restocked with amenities (coffee, tea, etc), and my bedspread was covered in a crusty, white substance - which I have grave concerns was dried bodily fluids.

I complained to both the hotel and to Hilton and received nothing but a run around. Hilton as a 100% satisfaction guarantee policy and while I am a huge proponent of the Hilton properties, I will never stay at this hotel again. The service I received both at the hotel and while trying to rectify my dissatisfaction with my stay was unacceptable. Do yourself a favor and stay down the road at the Airport Hilton.

• Liked — The cookies they give you at check in.
  • Disliked — The quality of service received - it was terrible.
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank badgergrad96
D.C.
Reviewed 27 May 2008

Stayed here May 23-May 26 2008. Had a great time and would recommend this hotel to anyone for the price. The room was large, modern, and clean. The hotel has an indoor and outdoor pool, a hot tub, and a lake that is nice to walk/run around. The front desk staff were great and responsive to my needs. For negatives I'd say the restaurant staff members (one in particular) weren't the greatest, the walls were paper thin, and there was no fan in the bathroom. Overall though, I would say it is great for the cheap rates you can get.

• Liked — Modern room
  • Disliked — Restaurant Staff
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
Washington DC
Reviewed 27 May 2008

This was a great place. Very modern room and hotel. There are 2 rooms, a great bathroom (does lack fan), nice kitchenette area, and you even get free homemade cookies when checking in. The pool is great, both indoor and outdoor. There is a walking path around the pond that the hotel overlooks. I will return if I ever need a hotel in the area again and i would recommend hotel absolutely.

Suggestions: look at prices on expedia, and hilton website becasue when you call in reservation they initially try to charge you $20.00 a night above what you can get online.

Downside: Lazy Lazy bartender/server in evening at restaurant. Every visit to the restaurant we were met by this man and it only took an initial visit for us to decide it wasn't necessary to be served by him again.

• Liked — Clean, New, Sun, Pool
  • Disliked — Main server/bartender in restaurant
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 April 2008

My girlfriend and I decided to go on an extended weekend trip to the Raleigh/Durham area and decided to stay here based on it's proximity within the Triangle. I'll definately say I wasn't disappointed. We got a great room for what to me seemed like a bargain for on an off-season rate, and the room was fantastic!

The hotel is tucked in out of the main traffic close to the Apex area of town and it's on beautiful grounds. The hotel was quiet as is to be expected in mid March. The room, for the price is definately above average, the cookie at the front desk is a nice touch. I can see that this hotel is definately a hotel perfect for a business traveler due to the amentities in the room and it's prime location close to the Research Triangle. I didn't have a chance to eat in the hotel restaurant since there are so many delicious restaurants in the area I wanted to dine at. I only had one minor beef with the hotel, I'm a big fan of Compact Flourescent bulbs, but the ones they used in our room were the cooler blue/green shade which makes the room feel cold. I'm personally very sensitive to light and I doubt most people would even notice this, my girlfriend didn't. Fantastic stay!

• Liked — Great View of the Lake, above average room
  • Disliked — CFL bulbs were cold
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple