DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Room was very spacious and was clean. Some furnishings were a bit tired, but not bad. The view of the lake was great, and we loved having all that room to spread out. The staff was professional and helpful. Greeted us nicely on check in.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Love the Hilton brand, and this did not disappoint. I had the King Suite, which made it helpful when family stayed a few of the days in was in town. Food was okay. Easy access to freeways and shopping, without the hassle of traffic (stayed by Southpoint last time and it was complete pain to get in and out in the mornings). Will expect to stay again when I am in town for business.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the quality and convenience we have to offer. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent business hotel. Room was spacious and easy to work in. Dinner food was excellent and reasonably priced. Staff extremely attentive to our needs. Grounds impeccably maintained. the only negative about this hotel is that there is very little in walking distance

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The grounds are lovely. The room was comfortable and well appointed, the bed nice and soft and welcoming. I thoroughly enjoyed the morning breakfast. I was extremely pleased with both the room and the features of the hotel and would be happy to stay here again next time I am in Raleigh/Durham for business.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

After 5 hrs of checking out I found out that I forgot my iPad charger in the room, I went back to hotel to pick it up, the receptionist (his name was Tony) was unprofessional in handling the situation. Basically he asked me come again tomorrow and we will tell you if we find it. I said I 100% sure that the charger was in the room, he called a room service and he said they did not find anything and there is a guest in the room. Come again tomorrow. I said I cant come again tomorrow. He was not helpful, he was giving me an attitude basically he did not want to do any effort to help me. I said I am not leaving without my charger, he just left me and ignore my presence until I found the accountant manager and explain to her the entire story she said give me 10 min and I will get you the charger, in 10 min she sent Tony with the charger. Tony attitude made my mind that I will not ever come again to this hotel.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Excellent hotel and the room with balcony overlooking lake was restful as well as pretty. A little further from Duke U than we might have liked - but an easy drive. Purposes other than on campus would find thid location a plus.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind remarks about your stay here recently. The balcony suites are definitely a plus, especially as the weather gets nice. We hoep to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My room wasn't ready, so I had to accept a different room or drive around with my car full of luggage. Then I was placed on the highest floor at the end of the hall. The room was dated and there few useful amenities. I'd rather have free wifi than a cookie!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I apologize that your room was not ready when you arrived at the hotel. Check-in timne here is 4:00pm. We will, however, always do our best to get guests checked into a room should they arrive before 4pm.

Travellers also viewed these Durham hotels
Hilton Durham near Duke University
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
Hampton Inn & Suites Durham North I-85
Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites University Area Chapel Hill

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham? Share your experiences!