“Nice place to stay in RTP”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Dallas, United States
“Nice place to stay in RTP”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Very nice Hotel close to RTP. I Stayed here on a week long business trip. The staff was very friendly, rooms were clean and quiet. Will stay there again next time I am in the area. My room even included a huge balcony overlooking the lake.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
USA
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Went to Durham to visit my daughter who is a student at Duke. The hotel is conveniently located off of Interstate 40 - the road to the hotel, Meridian Parkway, is very dark at night. The hotel grounds are very nice as there is a lake behind the hotel with a walking path. Check-in was fast and efficient and the staff was friendly. The Doubletree cookies given to us at check-in were delicious, according to my wife. The two room suites are of a nice size and have two HDTVs, microwave and refrigerator. One room in the suite had two full size beds, while the other room had a sofa bed and a small dinning table. The bathroom had standard Doubletree amenities, but some of the caulking around the tub had mold on it. We did use the on-site restaurant once for lunch during our stay and the food that we had was very good, as well as the service. The exercise room had two treadmills, one step machine, and a variety of weights.
We did not use the pool, but it looked nice and we noted that it was an indoor pool with a passage to an outdoor pool that was closed for the winter. Internet is $9.95, unless you have gold or diamond status in the HiltonHonors program. The walls between rooms are a bit thin and we could hear a parent yelling at his kids.

Now to my complaint: There is nothing more disagreeable than not having hot water in the morning. Sure enough, on Saturday morning during our stay there was no hot water. When I called the front desk, I was told that an engineer would call me back and come up to my room. Five minutes later, I received a call from the front desk telling me that the engineers were working on the hot water problem in the boiler room. I did not receive a call back after that from either the engineers, the front desk, or hotel management to explain why there was not hot water. I have read other reviews of this hotel indicating that other guests have had hot water issues.
All in all, our stay was not pleasant because of the hot water issues.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. It is regrettable that we had a few hot water issues here recently. Our maintenance staff has been working tirelessly and shuold have most of them resolved by now. Feel free to call me if you have time and let me know what room you stayed in so that we can ensure there are no future issues in that room. Thank you for your time and have a great day. 919-361-4660
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Room was very spacious and was clean. Some furnishings were a bit tired, but not bad. The view of the lake was great, and we loved having all that room to spread out. The staff was professional and helpful. Greeted us nicely on check in.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Avondale, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Love the Hilton brand, and this did not disappoint. I had the King Suite, which made it helpful when family stayed a few of the days in was in town. Food was okay. Easy access to freeways and shopping, without the hassle of traffic (stayed by Southpoint last time and it was complete pain to get in and out in the mornings). Will expect to stay again when I am in town for business.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the quality and convenience we have to offer. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
East brunswick, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Excellent business hotel. Room was spacious and easy to work in. Dinner food was excellent and reasonably priced. Staff extremely attentive to our needs. Grounds impeccably maintained. the only negative about this hotel is that there is very little in walking distance

Edinboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The grounds are lovely. The room was comfortable and well appointed, the bed nice and soft and welcoming. I thoroughly enjoyed the morning breakfast. I was extremely pleased with both the room and the features of the hotel and would be happy to stay here again next time I am in Raleigh/Durham for business.

DoubleTree by Hilton Raleigh/Durham, United States
Reviewed 20 April 2014

After 5 hrs of checking out I found out that I forgot my iPad charger in the room, I went back to hotel to pick it up, the receptionist (his name was Tony) was unprofessional in handling the situation. Basically he asked me come again tomorrow and we will tell you if we find it. I said I 100% sure that the charger was in the room, he called a room service and he said they did not find anything and there is a guest in the room. Come again tomorrow. I said I cant come again tomorrow. He was not helpful, he was giving me an attitude basically he did not want to do any effort to help me. I said I am not leaving without my charger, he just left me and ignore my presence until I found the accountant manager and explain to her the entire story she said give me 10 min and I will get you the charger, in 10 min she sent Tony with the charger. Tony attitude made my mind that I will not ever come again to this hotel.