“Business Travel”

Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Atlanta, United States
“Business Travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Excellent hotel for business! I was there for 2 weeks & the staff made me feel right at home. They went above & beyond. I had an issue with the heating / air while there & they were great in getting it resolved quickly. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially traveling on business!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Large group for a graduation celebration. Hotel did a nice job of contacting me in advance to ensure our room requirements were met. Large rooms (suites) with comfortable beds and nice lake view. Used restaurant for breakfast, hot buffet a good value.

1 Thank Owen I
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

It's an old property with updated furniture and beds. Our 2 double-bed suite was spacious. When we arrived with our luggage to check in, Tony, the front desk staff, did not acknowledge our arrival or our Hilton Honor status. I had to ask twice for an extra key, and again he never acknowledged. Well, the extra key did not work; and I went back down to get a replacement; and he did not say a word again. The drain of our bath/shower tub was stuck; and we had to call maintenance to clear it. However, it's too late and they sent the night security guy instead. He did what he could and asked us to call the front desk again in the morning. The exercise room was dirty and equipment was in disarrayed. I won't stay here again.

1 Thank JPDallas
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here. I apologize for the lacluster reception and the plumbing issues. I will most certainly share these comments with the staff involved and make sure we imrpove in these areas.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Finding a hotel in the Raleigh-Durham area around graduation time for Duke U. and UNC is not easy. This was a great find. The suites are large, well appointed and immaculately clean. The desk staff are very friendly and accommodating. They noted that I had pre-paid for 4 nights, when I only needed to be there for 3, through Priceline.com; and, took the initiative to get me a refund of the extra night's charge. The fitness room is a bit small and sparsely equipped.

Room Tip: Try to book a lake view room.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The property is beautiful, love the front porch with swings and plants. But what put this hotel over the top is the staff. 1. The vending machine on the 5th floor ate my money and I went to down to the desk to give notice. They gave me 3 bottles of water to compensate for the 1 I was trying to buy. 2. I left my flash drive next to the computers in the lobby. I realized it when I was back in Michigan. Called them immediately, they quickly located the flash drive and had it sent off to FedEx the next day. My thesis is on there so I REALLY appreciated how prompt they were in getting it returned to me. A+

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

By Alexa CJ From Hillsborough, NC - My husband and I have stayed here at least 4 times !! We have never been disappointed!!!! Our most recent stay was for 1 night this past Sat May 3. We had a reservation for a Lakeview Suite. Upon getting to the room we had a pool view ! After a brief hold the young lady at the front desk immediately had me come down to be reassigned. She apologized and stated that it 'Would be her pleasure to ensure that I receive the appropriate accommodations" A polite young man name Mark assisted me with acquiring a late check out and was very happy to do so !!!! If you ever get the chance please give this Doubletree a try !!!! You will appreciate, the level of service, the extremely nice and clean accommodations, and the very caring and professional staff!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for your kind words. The staff here is defeintley our greatest asset, and i am glad you found them accomodating. we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

By Alexa CJ from Hillsborough- This about the 4th time my husband and I have stayed here. Every time we have found the accommodations, level of service, and staff to be excellent. On this stay we booked a Lakeview room upon getting to the room it was pool view, I call the front desk and after a brief hold the young lady apologized and had me come down to change. She apologized again and stated that it would be her pleasure to ensure that I received the appropriate accommodations. I wrote down her name to list in this review but can not locate it now. The room was very nice, clean and the view was spectacular. Mark assisted me with late checkout and he was extremely nice as well! As usual everything was great ! Cant wait to return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple