“Multiple Stays For Business”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a client in Research Triangle Park, and decided to give this Doubletree Suites a try during my first week. I was upgraded to the sixth (top) floor with a nice view of the lake. The rooms were recently renovated, and I heard that the rooms on the lower floors have been renovated as well. My favorite feature of the rooms in this hotel, was the large living area separate from the bedroom. You can move the coffee table against the wall and have plenty of room for P90X3 workouts without leaving your room.

Additionally, this hotel was close to my client and has very good freeway access. You can take I-40 one exit down (to the Fayetteville Rd exit) and get to the Southpoint Mall area with a lot of dining options.

Lastly, I cannot say enough good things about Tony and Tussaint at the front desk. These guys were super friendly and went above and beyond to make sure my stays were great. My corporate travel site seemed to constantly get my reservations wrong, and Tony quickly fixed them. Because of this, I chose to make my next five reservations at this hotel directly with Tony.

When I'm back in the area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here. I am pleases to here that you enjoyed your room, and even more so that our staff was so accomodating. They are by far our greatest asset. We look forward to seeing you on your future stays.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Check in was warm as usual. Great rate, Love the suite, the gym. Kids will love the indoor/outdoor pool combo. Breakfast was very good. Fast room service. Comfy bed. Oversize room. Plenty of parking. I will be back and highly recommend this Double tree.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ron M
Reviewed 29 May 2014

great location, close to RDU with excellent amenities. The pool is indoor/outdoor and provided lots of room for couples and families to enjoy. the rooms are one bedroom suites, well appointed, with comfortable beds. We enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookies and the great buffet style breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice hotel. Would definitely stay here again. Only thing I didn't like was the room did NOT include breakfast. My husband couldnt even get a cup of coffee in the morning! The cookie was a nice touch upon check-in.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor that has an ice machine!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy H
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

As you approach this older hotel, the facade has you a little worried, but once you enter, you'll find a thoroughly renovated hotel. Very nice rooms. Only one issue, we were upgraded to a view room. Nice view of the lake but an extremely noisy pool area. Wish we weren't upgraded.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the improvements that we have made to our property. I apologize for the noise caused by busy pool area. During the summer months this does become a popular amenity of the hotel. Next time we would be more than happy to accomodate you with a room on the other side of the hall from the pool,

Reviewed 19 May 2014

You'd think after spending 140+ for a room internet would be complimentary right? Apparently not, get ready to pay $9.99 to surf the web in your hotel room. What a ripoff, very disappointed. This is 2014 right?

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you comments. We will take them into future consideration. Our hotel offers complimentary internet service in all our public areas and our business center. Our hotel offers many other benifits such as large suites and indoor outdoor pool.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is the second year in a row that my company has held its regional meeting here, and it's the second consecutive year of inferior service. In fact, the property comped our room for this year, and it was still a disappointment. Because of the problems we had the previous year, my wife and I were placed on the 6th floor, which is the Hilton Honors floor. The light beside the bed wasn't working and the bathroom sink gurgled after you used it. I tried calling the "Careline" twice with no answer after 20 rings both times, so I went in person to the front desk. There were four people standing behind the front desk, and they all looked at me with indifference when I asked maintenance to come fix the items. An hour later, no one had come to the room. Food was second rate. Our company's president flew in from New York to attend our meeting, and lunch was cold cuts and hot dogs. The presentation looked as though someone had run to the grocery store at the last minute. Hilton should be ashamed of this property which runs more like a 2 star motel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay here. I apologize for the shortcomings you experienced. I will certainly share your comments with the staff in an effort to improve future service.