“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #8 of 71 Hotels in Durham
raleigh-durham, United States
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Everything about this DoubleTree Suites was fantastic--the room, the bed, the shower, the pool, the hot tub, the fitness facility the food. There was a 3:30am fire alarm, which startled us from blissful sleep and required us to leave our warm beds to go outside in the cold. Still, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your room and our facilities. I apologize for the late night wake up caused by the alarm. It is unfortunate that the time of night caused such an inconvenience, but those systems are in place for the safety of our guests and employees. I thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
Raleigh, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I checked in on a Friday for a wedding and checked out on a Sunday. I really enjoyed the stay. By far all staff was professional and helpful and had wonderful attitudes and personalities. It was a beautiful ceremony and I will come back to visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Raleigh-Durham, United States
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great choice for a wedding. Everything in the same location. My room had an awesome view of the lake. Also the path around the lake was great for an early morning stroll or run. Day of wedding, the sun was extremely hot, but there was a shaded area to stand or sit to view the wedding.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a client in Research Triangle Park, and decided to give this Doubletree Suites a try during my first week. I was upgraded to the sixth (top) floor with a nice view of the lake. The rooms were recently renovated, and I heard that the rooms on the lower floors have been renovated as well. My favorite feature of the rooms in this hotel, was the large living area separate from the bedroom. You can move the coffee table against the wall and have plenty of room for P90X3 workouts without leaving your room.

Additionally, this hotel was close to my client and has very good freeway access. You can take I-40 one exit down (to the Fayetteville Rd exit) and get to the Southpoint Mall area with a lot of dining options.

Lastly, I cannot say enough good things about Tony and Tussaint at the front desk. These guys were super friendly and went above and beyond to make sure my stays were great. My corporate travel site seemed to constantly get my reservations wrong, and Tony quickly fixed them. Because of this, I chose to make my next five reservations at this hotel directly with Tony.

When I'm back in the area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here. I am pleases to here that you enjoyed your room, and even more so that our staff was so accomodating. They are by far our greatest asset. We look forward to seeing you on your future stays.
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Check in was warm as usual. Great rate, Love the suite, the gym. Kids will love the indoor/outdoor pool combo. Breakfast was very good. Fast room service. Comfy bed. Oversize room. Plenty of parking. I will be back and highly recommend this Double tree.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ron M
Blounts Creek, NC
Reviewed 29 May 2014

great location, close to RDU with excellent amenities. The pool is indoor/outdoor and provided lots of room for couples and families to enjoy. the rooms are one bedroom suites, well appointed, with comfortable beds. We enjoyed the warm chocolate chip cookies and the great buffet style breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Mt. Pleasant, SC
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice hotel. Would definitely stay here again. Only thing I didn't like was the room did NOT include breakfast. My husband couldnt even get a cup of coffee in the morning! The cookie was a nice touch upon check-in.

Room Tip: Ask for a floor that has an ice machine!