“Great accomodations for Family Members”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family reunion was in held in this area recently and I used this hotel for our out of town families, including my own. I was very pleased with all aspects of our stay: the close proximity to our reunion location, the breakfast buffet, the pool, and the front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant staff members. In addition, the sales department went the extra mile regarding my room block. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Everything was done with such profeeesionalism. The check in was quick and easy, the room was neat, clean and comfortable. I only stayed two nights, but on the last day I noticed I had bug bites. I first thought they were mosquito bites because I was out during the prior day. When I got home I looked up the bites to discover they were beg bug bites. HOW AWFUL.

1  Thank 315henriettan
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here. Your issue is not one that we have any history of here, nor have there been any such reports recently. we do, however, take all such claims seriously. Please give me a call at 919-361-4660 so I can get some more information from you such as the room number. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you value your sleep, be aware that this hotel has an open atrium with a bar on the ground floor. As I write at 11:50p, loud music and voices are wafting up to the fourth floor. They have a quiet policy, but it is not enforced if the bar is making money. Been like this for 4 days now. I will not return. I voiced my concern to the front desk but no action was taken. Bar closes at midnight. You gotta live with it until then.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Otherwise, prepare to be awake till midnight.
1  Thank Sally S
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here. I apologize for any noise that may have disrupted your stay. I can see where that would be frustrating, but I have to admit that we have never received any prior complaints about noise from our lobby bar being heard in guest rooms. We will certainly keep an eye out for any such trends in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Very family friendly hotel with spacious room and very quiet floor. We enjoyed breakfast in the dining room, tennis, and paddle boats on the lake. We were in town for a family wedding and it was a great place to stay with enough to keep us busy during down times.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Odd that you can not order an entree off the menu at the bar. Actually it's completely insane. Most people are business travelers sitting at the bar wanting to eat but can only have a select menu unless they sit at a table, but who wants to do that by themselves ?

Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed in a One-bedroom suite with breathtaking views.
The room had a mini-bar, complete with fridge and microwave.
Very spacious, and clean.
The barbecue pull-apart pork sandwich is the best I've had.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake, the higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you very for the kind words regarding your stay here recently. I am glad we more than met your needs and expectations. I hope we see you again in the future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Our flight was cancelled, and we had called a dozen hotels. We were well received at the Doubletree and the accommodations were top notch. A great rest for weary travelers-I highly recommend their hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travellers also viewed these Durham hotels
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham Airport at Research Triangle Park
Hilton Durham near Duke University
Hilton Garden Inn Durham/University Medical Center
Hilton Garden Inn Raleigh-Durham/Research Triangle Park
SpringHill Suites Durham Chapel Hill
La Quinta Inn & Suites University Area Chapel Hill

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham? Share your experiences!