“Better than norm”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham
Ranked #7 of 71 Hotels in Durham
“Better than norm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Convenient location for all cities in Triangle, clean and quiet suite, lovely view of pool and lake from Floor 5. I didn't take advantage of any of the amenities because my stay was so quick but it looked as if there were many. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Arabic first
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

This property one of the best Doubletree experiences a company or anyone can have for a meeting, seminar, or just a hotel to stay for local business. I've stayed here several times and it's convenient to the airport in less than 10 minutes drive.

The staff treat all guests with care and warm hospitality. A true southern charm and it is indeed a "mansion on the hill"!

Make a point to stay here, once you do, you'll quickly become a "regular" to enjoy the restaurant and the warm cookies.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank DKirkHolladay
Durham, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

I will be using this hotel everytime I come to the Raleigh-Durham area, which quite frequent! Extremely spacious rooms! Pool was clean & well maintained. Quite location off the road. Beds were super comfortable!!! Staff was extremely helpful. There was a restaurant onsite...did not use. There are local restaurants that deliver to the hotel without any problem. Fairly close to Walmart and other shops. Grounds were well kept. I thoroughly enjoyed staying at this hotel and will be using it again in the near future.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel was ok, not great. The elevators were very slow all the time which is irritating after awhile. The rooms were reasonably clean but not super clean. Double beds are not as good as queen beds for sleeping two people. And the fitness room is very small.

1 Thank Susan A
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize that we did not completely meet your expectations. Your comments will be taken into future condideration in an effort to improve. Thank you and have a great day.
Hyattsville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

My family reunion was in held in this area recently and I used this hotel for our out of town families, including my own. I was very pleased with all aspects of our stay: the close proximity to our reunion location, the breakfast buffet, the pool, and the front desk, housekeeping, and restaurant staff members. In addition, the sales department went the extra mile regarding my room block. We will definitely return.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Everything was done with such profeeesionalism. The check in was quick and easy, the room was neat, clean and comfortable. I only stayed two nights, but on the last day I noticed I had bug bites. I first thought they were mosquito bites because I was out during the prior day. When I got home I looked up the bites to discover they were beg bug bites. HOW AWFUL.

1 Thank 315henriettan
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here. Your issue is not one that we have any history of here, nor have there been any such reports recently. we do, however, take all such claims seriously. Please give me a call at 919-361-4660 so I can get some more information from you such as the room number. Thank you and have a great day.
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

If you value your sleep, be aware that this hotel has an open atrium with a bar on the ground floor. As I write at 11:50p, loud music and voices are wafting up to the fourth floor. They have a quiet policy, but it is not enforced if the bar is making money. Been like this for 4 days now. I will not return. I voiced my concern to the front desk but no action was taken. Bar closes at midnight. You gotta live with it until then.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Otherwise, prepare to be awake till midnight.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sally S
Stuart D, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Raleigh-Durham, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here. I apologize for any noise that may have disrupted your stay. I can see where that would be frustrating, but I have to admit that we have never received any prior complaints about noise from our lobby bar being heard in guest rooms. We will certainly keep an eye out for any such trends in the future.