“Clean,Comfortable”

Ranked #55 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Nashville, Tennessee
“Clean,Comfortable”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The staff and service are outstanding. Front desk called after I was in the room to made sure every thing was right. The hotel is doing an update and painting so there is some issue with that, but for the better. The rooms are clean, bed with fresh, crisp linens, and comfortable. The breakfast is average for a choice hotel and I was expecting a little more. Was a good stop over as I was traveling on business and was looking for something close to the interstate.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the east end away from the interstate noise
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for your very kind review. I am most pleased that the staff service was outstanding. I will be sure they see your feedback. We appreciate the encouragement!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Lenoir, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 February 2014

At first everything seemed great and I was sure I had picked a good place. The location was quiet, there was a business center in the lobby and a desk and lap desk in the room. The first night was great, but it all seemed to go downhill when I had to wake up the first morning and take a cold shower. No adjusting made it get warm enough. That evening after I returned from class I stopped by the front desk to tell them what had happened. I fully expected to get offered a different room. The response from the front desk receptionist was that the plumbing in the entire building had been incorrectly installed and that I just needed to find "the sweet spot" for the hot water. I went to my room feeling very dissatisfied. The water did come in warm on that try so I decided to try again the next morning. The next two days the water went from warm to scalding spontaneously as I showered. To add to this complaint, the sole elevator was broken on Saturday and still not fixed when I checked out Monday. I had to carry my luggage down three flights of stairs. The internet was always crawling. Not good when you have several lectures you need to listen to. The final straw may have been the paint fumes on my last night there. They filled the hallways at first then suddenly overtook me and one of my classmates in our separate rooms about the same time. I dealt with them by cracking my window and stuffing towels at the bottom of the door. I will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you choose the third floor you have no balcony and if the elevator is out you have to walk up out...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay. The elevator did go out. It was a major repair instead of the minor repair we thought it would be, so it wasn't fixed until Monday morning when we could get the necessary parts. I am very sorry for the inconvenience this caused. We did get some of our remaining renovation work done during your stay. We painted part of the exterior of the building, and didn't realize the fumes would carry into the rooms so strongly. I'm not sure what the desk clerk meant by "sweet spot" but I am looking into the issue with the room you had.

Again, I apologize for not providing you with a superior experience. As I said in my email to you, I do hope that you reconsider and give us another opportunity at a better impression.
Ashfield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Staff was outstanding! Friendly & helpful. Room was very clean, bed was very comfortable.
Except for inconsiderate people in room next to me and some highway noise, place was pretty quiet. Breakfast area and exercise room were very clean too.
Biggest issues: no easily accessible plugs. All but 2 plugs were totally blocked by furniture, 1 was next to the sink, the other was under the table (accessible but not easily unless you are tiny and flexible). Also, unless you need one, request a NON ADJOINING room. There is only 1 door between the rooms and every sound, odor, ray of light from the room next door was as if it was in my room.
There should be a policy in place to deal with pet owners that do not clean up after their pets. The woman next door to me let her dog poop right outside my door several times a day. The front desk people did ask her to clean it up but she denied it was from her dog (even though there were witnesses to it) so they said they had no recourse with her. Hotel staff did clean up the piles but there were more the next day.

Room Tip: Specify NO ADJOINING ROOM unless you need it.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you so much for leaving your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you got my email regarding some of the concerns you raised. We are making improvements to improve the quality of stay for all of our guests.

We hope to see you again soon!
SC
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Good rate and nice room. Very comfortable. Absolutely no problems. Would stay again. We did not have a dog on this trip but we were told it was pet friendly. Next time we visit our son at Duke, the pets may join us.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
AmandaB_NC, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this review, 19 January 2014
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We have a great team who works hard to make our hotel shine. Thank you for the encouragement, I will definitely pass it on to everyone else!
Snow Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed here for six days in late October/November while accompanying a patient staying at the Veterans Hospital. After initial confusion with the shuttle service, being left behind on a morning run although I had signed in at the front desk and was sitting in the lobby waiting, the rest of the stay went well. The washing machine was out of order for the six days I was there, which was very inconvenient to say the least when on an extended stay. The room was clean and comfortable, the maid service was good, and the breakfast bar was better than average. The facilities and grounds were clean and the location was conveniet. There is a Cracker Barrel directly next door.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are interior. The first and second floor rooms open directly to the outside.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your review. I am very sorry that there was a mix up with your first shuttle run, but I'm glad we straightened it out and got you where you needed to be. We did have a washer break down and took some time for the new one to come in, these things are unforeseen and very unfortunate. But we are very excited to offer the use of a brand new LG washing machine that works like a dream. I only wish you didn't have to be inconvenienced while we were waiting on it's arrival.

I'm thrilled that the rest of your visit went well and that you enjoyed our deluxe continental breakfast. We hope to see you on your next visit to Durham!
Santa Fe
Reviewed 10 November 2013

The Quality Inn in Durham offers typical Quality Inn accommodations and amenities, a hot breakfast, and a helpful staff. The location is reasonably close to Duke Medical facilities, but not so close to downtown or ninth street attractions. Walk-in discounts are available through hotelcoupons.com.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate and are encouraged by your positive feedback. Thank you for choosing us to meet your lodging needs on your recent visit to Durham. We hope to see you again soon!
davie fl
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

The bed was super comfy. The room very clean. Nice staff and good location. The downside bathroom real small not a big deAl. The other thing breakfast is at 7 on Sunday both times we stayed had to check out at 630 so would be nice to able to grab something like other hotel do

Stayed November 2013
Thank you from all of us at the Quality Inn & Suites in Durham, NC. Our team has been so encouraged by your review. Come see us again soon!