“Redone basic hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park
Ranked #56 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel where your door opens to the outside on the first and second floors. On the third floor the rooms open to a closed hallway. The staff were very nice and when notified that the hall smelled like smoke (smoke free hotel) they immediately got on it. Breakfast was OK. Your basic complimentary breakfast. There is Cracker Barrel next door. Location is so so. The rooms have been updated with new beds and furniture and was comfortable. Good hotel if you are only staying a few days.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Gloria S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

We appreciate your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay. I am glad the staff promptly handled your complaint and treated you kind. We will work on breakfast selection. We are happy your room met your expectations. Your review is very important and we will use your feedback to make sure future guests have a pleasant stay. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Durham.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Yes, there's a free buffet so if that's your priority then this might be the place for you. I'd rather have some of the other amenities that's just my preference. Bright rooms, friendly desk and office staff that are knowledgeable and have equipment and technology that can provide a receipt upon check out these are all important to me.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review regarding your stay. I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel for not meeting your expectations. We are always receptive to all feedback as our goal is to wow the guest and ensure they have a great stay. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention as we will work on them. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope that you give us another chance on your next trip to Durham .

Reviewed 18 May 2014

At $75/night, this was an ok hotel. The room was clean, the bed was comfy, and included a small fridge & microwave. The breakfast was not very good (the only natural-seeming items were bananas and hard-boiled eggs.)

Room Tip: The top floor has interior corridors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Megan L
Gloria S, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your time and providing us with feedback about your stay. We are glad to know for you the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. We appreciate your feedback about the breakfast as we are making changes to the breakfast selection. We value your review and we hope you give us another chance so you can enjoy a better breakfast.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed two nights in the king suite during Duke University's graduation. The suite was two rooms, a bedroom with king bed and a combination kitchen/living room with a sofa bed. Microwave, frig and toaster were included. The room was clean; the bed was comfortable. The only shortcoming was the shower. I had read many reviews about the shower -- we managed to find the sweet spot where the water was hot, but the stream was pretty weak. My major complaint was that my adult son, who was sleeping on the sofa bed, only had a very tiny pillow. It was half the size of a normal pillow. I went to the desk and asked for a second pillow and they said they didn't have any more. That's pretty difficult to believe! Other than that, the breakfast was quite adequate and our room was very quiet. The AC worked fine. So no major complaints. This is not a fancy place, but it was quite adequate and only 8 minutes from Duke.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We are glad that you liked your room and overall enjoyed your stay. Allow me to apologize for the inconvenience of the pillows. You should have been given one when you asked. Your feedback will be used as a training tool to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future. Again, we appreciate your feedback and hope that you give us another chance to provide you with better service.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at this property March 31 - April 2 2014. Business trip. Check in was a breeze. My room was clean and I have a positive first impression. Anytime I needed the staff I had no problems or issues communicating. Property is close to several eating establishments. The breakfast provided a good selection, and there were attendants at all times. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Gloria S, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Medical Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us your recent experience at our hotel. We are glad to hear we met your expectations regarding the cleanliness of your room, the positive interactions with the staff, and the good selection of breakfast items in the mornings. Hard work pays off and your review is a great example to the staff. Again, thank you for your time and we really value your feedback! We look forward to having you come stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights, April 16, & 17th.. The first night we only had warm water. When I took my shower the water was just warm, not hot but was not totally freezing, just barely manageable. Since we had heard other people complaining about the lack of hot water, it would be taken care of and we would have hot water the next night.. The next night I got into the shower and had just wet my hair and put shampoo in and the water went from warm to ice cold. It's not fun to have to take a cold shower!. We did call down to the desk and they did offer to let us move, however, it was well after 9pm and we were checking out the next morning so we turned down the offer. When we checked out the next morning, we commented on the lack of hot water and was told they had made a note in the file. No apology was offered I was just handed my receipt.
I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay. On behalf of the hotel, I sincerely apologize for your experience with the hot water. I will share your review with the staff to ensure we handle these situations differently in the future. If possible, I would like for you to contact me at the hotel so that we can discuss your stay. Again, thank you for your time and I hope that you will give us a second chance on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel needs a bit of TLC. The last time I stayed here there were issues with water temperature and mold. The beds are on the harder side but it stays quiet most of the time. The staff is good, but they need to learn that the do not disturb sign means just that. The breakfast in the morning is a great perk.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. I apologize for the disturbance during your stay. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention as we continuously strive to make improvements for all of our guests. We are glad to know that you liked our breakfast and things were quiet for you. Again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you again soon.