The University Inn
Hotels.com
US$91
US$225
Hotels.com
All reviewscontinental breakfastduke medical centeryogurtshuttle servicecold cerealfree shuttlemed centerfinding a place to parkshuttle runsfridge and microwavestay there againrooms are cleanparking garageva hospitaltwo double bedseye centerlaundry room
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Nice large room with comfortable furniture & bed. Close to all Duke medical facilities as well as the campus. An especially excellent value if you have a medical referral. Breakfast was nothing special but it was adequate.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

This is a hotel right near the VA hospital and Duke University hospital. It's just minutes from the Duke campus.
It's not scenic, or homey. The parking is cramped, but the room was large, clean and equipped with a fridge and coffee-maker.
Breakfast included yogurt , cereals, pastries, juice, milk and coffee/tea.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Jen G
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Had to visit the eye center again returned to this Inn because our first stay was very comfortable and the front desk clerk went out of his way to make a room ready being that I arrived before check in time. However this visit was a little different our beds were very used squeaky and the cleaning staff yelled up and down the hall as they cleaned the rooms and it took until early afternoon for them to finish and after surgery they asked that you get as much rest as possible. Of course that didn't happen on that visit but what really upset me about this trip most of all was when I tryed to get the shuttle. I checked with the front desk to make sure that I had the correct phone number however when I was ready and called I kept getting a busy signal fortunately the hospital had their 800 number which I called and it was answered right away and the shuttle was there in a flash. If I have to stay in Durham over night again I am almost sure I will not be staying at this Inn again.

Room Tip: I wish I knew!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank joe c
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I just called to make a reservation. The guy answering the phone asked me to hold on. He put the phone down on the counter as I could hear conversations and moving around in the background. I was on hold for 11 minutes!!!! I didn't hang up, I was curious to see how long I was going to be kept on hold. After 11 minutes I decided to call from my cell phone. When their other line started ringing (which was me calling from my cell phone) they hung up on me on the land line and took a very long time to answer my cell phone call. When he answered the phone I asked him if he forgot about me and he said "yes mama, would you still like to make a reservation"........UMMMMMM, NOT NOW!!!!! If this is an indication of the kind of service I will be getting as a quest, I would rather go somewhere else!!!!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank BRENDA J
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I needed to be close to Duke University with a family member and wanted a close place. I couldn't have been more pleased. The people at the desk were most helpful with our needs. When we needed to extend, there was no problem. I was there for almost three weeks, and was very pleased with the stay. The rooms were oversized, with small refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, extra sink and comfortable pillows and beds.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family