“Wonderful!”

Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Beautiful property! Everyone was friendly, polite, and very helpful! Rooms are very nicely furnished; housekeeping staff is very efficient! The golf course is beautiful, as well as the grounds. Just a very relaxing place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear CJD101956,

Thank you for your gracious comments about the Inn. We are so very pleased to hear that every aspect of your stay was enjoyable and relaxing. From your interaction with our staff to the property’s amenities and accommodations, we are happy we had the opportunity to delight you. Whether business or leisure brings you back to Durham, we hope your stay includes the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club!

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I needed a night away but couldn't quite get out of town! We decided to keep our money local and the Washington Duke did not disappoint! The staff was lovely and kind, and our room service was delicious. We stayed in one of the newly renovated 5th floor rooms and loved it!
We enjoyed a drink on the terrace which really started our staycation off on the right foot. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Jetsetmama14
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Jetsetmama14,

We are thrilled that you selected the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club for your recent “staycation” with your husband! It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed the service from our team, the enhancements to our guest accommodations and our in-room dining options. Also, thank you for sharing the lovely photo of the view from the terrace as you enjoyed your afternoon beverage. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn upon your next visit!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

At check out, they couldn't print an invoice. When I got my credit card statement, they double charged me for my room. When I disputed the charge, they came back to my credit card company and said it was a room service charge. They presented a lunch check for a meal about three hours after I had checked out of hotel for three people. I never ordered the meal. I wasn't on the premises and had checked out. It wasn't my signature. I was traveling by myself. After a couple of hours of my time, I'm still disputing sloppy, sloppy over charges. I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone whose time is valuable. Customer service of the worst sort!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 199ANNE2014
WaDuke, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

We sincerely apologize for the incidents you experienced during your recent visit and the frustrations this has caused you. I was pleased to find out that our accounting department has already been in contact with you directly and has since rectified this situation. Please know that we strive to provide excellent and timely service and these errors have been addressed with the team. We hope that you will consider us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Alawson@wdigc.com

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the Washington Duke Inn during an event I was planning at Duke University. The hotel is a short walk to Duke's campus. Southern charm exudes from all aspects of the hotel from the decor, staff, grounds.
I ate in all three restaurants:
- Fairview Dining Room - wonderful dinner, sat on the patio with views of the golf course
- Vista Restaurant - weekend brunch
- Bull Durham Bar - great food & fun ambiance for drinks.
There is a nice gym in the hotel, along with a gift shop and golf pro shop.
The guest rooms are generously sized and very comfy.
I appreciate the hotel taking such good care of the property. The hotel is in excellent condition. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear KristiK77,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Washington Duke Inn! Your kind remarks about our restaurants, amenities and Southern hospitality are greatly appreciated. We hope you will choose to stay with us again during you next visit to the University.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Set among the university campus, it has a beautiful landscape. The lobby and the restaurants have old world charm. Very limited food options, though the bar is good. Rooms are comfortable with a great view of the golf course. Very pricey for the services provided.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Sensha29,

We are so glad your recent stay with us was pleasant and you enjoyed our beautiful landscapes, comfortable accommodations and the offerings of the Bull Durham Bar. I have passed along your comments regarding dining options and pricing to our executive team. We hope your next visit to Durham brings you back to the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club!

Anna Lawson

Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed staying at the Washington Duke while we were in town for a wedding. The property is absolutely beautiful and the hotel looks great. We had no problems with service and enjoyed our stay...that being said I wasn't blown away by any means. The food we ate at the hotel was also just ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren A

Dear Lauren A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Inn. We are happy to know that you and your husband enjoyed our beautiful grounds and property during your recent visit. I have passed along your comments to our culinary team regarding your dining experience. It is our goal to provide top-notch service to all guests and I hope we have the opportunity to showcase that upon your next visit to the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club!

Anna Lawson

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Washington Duke Inn offered the warmest hospitality for a mini-weekend getaway! From the minute we drove up to valet parking, we were graciously welcomed by the doorman, then professionally checked in and courteously shown to our room (which was made available a tad bit early to accommodate our early arrival). The hotel was meticulously clean with gorgeous fresh flowers in abundance. The afternoon tea was a pleasant break with Southern charm. The weather was agreeable so we thoroughly enjoyed a Sunday walk to the Duke Chapel services (Methodist in large chapel & Catholic in the adjacent Divinity school), then toured the Duke Gardens in full bloom and next the Nasher Museum exhibits and a lovely lunch in the terrace cafe' - all a very easy 3 mile loop.

Room Tip: the room doors are heavy and close loudly. Request an end room. Some rooms have newly remodeled ba...