“Cleanliness is next to...”

Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Durham
“Cleanliness is next to...”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My room overlooked the driving range and rooftop of convention center. Nice view, except for the rooftop..I was in room 456. Room was lovely and very comfy. AC unit worked great, but it was noisy. It actually worked out well- no hallway noise. Love the Kuerig in my room. Beautifully decorated..bathroom was not cleaned thoroughly ..found previous occupants used soap left on wall and body hair in the bottom of the bathtub...yuk!
Love the location....great place to walk from if you want to check out Duke's West Campus.
There is a very popular walking trail that circles the property. Perfect walk in the woods..I even came face to face with a grazing doe.
The golf course is beautiful and perfectly kept...looks challenging, but lovely at the same time..
Indoor pool, fitness center all are nice.
We especially enjoyed breakfast on the terrace in the morning...great way to start the day...

Room Tip: My room overlooked the driving range and rooftop of convention center. Nice view, except for the ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BBB2013
WaDuke, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear BBB2013,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments regarding your recent visit to the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club. We are pleased to hear that many aspects of your visit were positive, though we sincerely apologize for the housekeeping issues you encountered. Please be assured that this is not our standard of service and we have addressed this with the team appropriately. We have also addressed the issue of the noise from the AC unit in room 456. Unfortunately, the next guest might not find the same silver lining in the noise, so thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are very happy that the location with regards to Duke University and the Al Buehler trail around the property made your trip one to remember.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Director of Special Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Beautiful property! Everyone was friendly, polite, and very helpful! Rooms are very nicely furnished; housekeeping staff is very efficient! The golf course is beautiful, as well as the grounds. Just a very relaxing place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear CJD101956,

Thank you for your gracious comments about the Inn. We are so very pleased to hear that every aspect of your stay was enjoyable and relaxing. From your interaction with our staff to the property’s amenities and accommodations, we are happy we had the opportunity to delight you. Whether business or leisure brings you back to Durham, we hope your stay includes the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club!

Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I needed a night away but couldn't quite get out of town! We decided to keep our money local and the Washington Duke did not disappoint! The staff was lovely and kind, and our room service was delicious. We stayed in one of the newly renovated 5th floor rooms and loved it!
We enjoyed a drink on the terrace which really started our staycation off on the right foot. We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jetsetmama14
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Jetsetmama14,

We are thrilled that you selected the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club for your recent “staycation” with your husband! It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed the service from our team, the enhancements to our guest accommodations and our in-room dining options. Also, thank you for sharing the lovely photo of the view from the terrace as you enjoyed your afternoon beverage. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn upon your next visit!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

At check out, they couldn't print an invoice. When I got my credit card statement, they double charged me for my room. When I disputed the charge, they came back to my credit card company and said it was a room service charge. They presented a lunch check for a meal about three hours after I had checked out of hotel for three people. I never ordered the meal. I wasn't on the premises and had checked out. It wasn't my signature. I was traveling by myself. After a couple of hours of my time, I'm still disputing sloppy, sloppy over charges. I would NOT recommend this hotel for anyone whose time is valuable. Customer service of the worst sort!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 199ANNE2014
WaDuke, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
We sincerely apologize for the incidents you experienced during your recent visit and the frustrations this has caused you. I was pleased to find out that our accounting department has already been in contact with you directly and has since rectified this situation. Please know that we strive to provide excellent and timely service and these errors have been addressed with the team. We hope that you will consider us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Alawson@wdigc.com
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed at the Washington Duke Inn during an event I was planning at Duke University. The hotel is a short walk to Duke's campus. Southern charm exudes from all aspects of the hotel from the decor, staff, grounds.
I ate in all three restaurants:
- Fairview Dining Room - wonderful dinner, sat on the patio with views of the golf course
- Vista Restaurant - weekend brunch
- Bull Durham Bar - great food & fun ambiance for drinks.
There is a nice gym in the hotel, along with a gift shop and golf pro shop.
The guest rooms are generously sized and very comfy.
I appreciate the hotel taking such good care of the property. The hotel is in excellent condition. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear KristiK77,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Washington Duke Inn! Your kind remarks about our restaurants, amenities and Southern hospitality are greatly appreciated. We hope you will choose to stay with us again during you next visit to the University.

Bangalore
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Set among the university campus, it has a beautiful landscape. The lobby and the restaurants have old world charm. Very limited food options, though the bar is good. Rooms are comfortable with a great view of the golf course. Very pricey for the services provided.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WashingtonDukeInn, Director of Special Services at Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Sensha29,

We are so glad your recent stay with us was pleasant and you enjoyed our beautiful landscapes, comfortable accommodations and the offerings of the Bull Durham Bar. I have passed along your comments regarding dining options and pricing to our executive team. We hope your next visit to Durham brings you back to the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club!

Anna Lawson
Ridgeland, Mississippi
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I enjoyed staying at the Washington Duke while we were in town for a wedding. The property is absolutely beautiful and the hotel looks great. We had no problems with service and enjoyed our stay...that being said I wasn't blown away by any means. The food we ate at the hotel was also just ok.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lauren A
Dear Lauren A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Inn. We are happy to know that you and your husband enjoyed our beautiful grounds and property during your recent visit. I have passed along your comments to our culinary team regarding your dining experience. It is our goal to provide top-notch service to all guests and I hope we have the opportunity to showcase that upon your next visit to the Washington Duke Inn & Golf Club!

Anna Lawson