Econo Lodge Research Triangle Park
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Durham
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We spent 2 nights here and were very comfortable and satisfied. The only amenity we missed was a coffee pot in the room, but pleny of coffee was available in the lobby. Not a bad deal at all for the low nightly rate we paid.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 May 2012

The room was clean and comfortable enough, about what you would expect for the price. However, the location, though convenient, was horrible. I felt very unsafe at this motel from loud sounds in the parking lot. I looked out at about 11:30 p.m. though the peephole and there were about 20 youths loitering in the parking lot, swinging their shirts around and being loud and aggressive sounding. Needless to say, I wouldn't stay here again and didn't get a good night's sleep. I was happy when the morning came and I was able to leave.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pinkfloyd2500
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My daughter and I visited Durham seeking medical care from a doctor at Duke. I told the guy that I wanted to rent a room at the weekly rate. He rung up the charge as per day rather than weekly. I corrected him. I told him that I wanted a queen non-smoking downstairs. He said that they didn't have any and as I turned to leave he found one. I was told the weekly rate covered 5 days and since it was my first time staying in such a hotel I said okay. I arrived for my stay at 11p, I was to receive housekeeping once during my stay. I left the room at 9A and when I returned the room had been cleaned. I noticed that it was cold in the room and when the guy came to fix the heat, I found out the manager had had him to set the max lower, that was corrected. Another problem occurred that the office couldn't fix and I had to move to another room, upstairs and around back. I couldn't get an internet connection in the room and despite several calls to the office I was unable to get a connection in that room during the rest of my stay. NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: One evening came back to room to find police tape and blood on stairs!
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Becky5050
Anil P, Webmaster at Econo Lodge Research Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Durham, NC for your recent stay in our area. I hope you and your daughter were able to get the help for which you were here.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review, it is very much appreciated. Upon receipt of your review, the following action was taken:

• Management was approached about your inability to get an internet connection and instructed to do their best to see that this does not happen to future valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Durham, NC, I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 21 March 2008

Since we had to work at Duke University my friend and I decided to stay in this cheap hotel. The room wasn't very big but clean, breakfast was okay, too.
Unfortunately this hotel is located directly at the highway. One night we were almost robbed - the staff didn't do anything.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Guest76

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn Durham, NC for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry for your fright, but so glad that you were not robbed.

• Management and security were approached about possible ways in which they might best protect our valued guests.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful way in which they are to treat our valued guests.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Americas Best Value Inn Durham, NC. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.