“new rooms”

Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park
Ranked #48 of 71 Hotels in Durham
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My ac went out so I had to stay at this property. Well, I was surprised that the rooms had big screens and big screen tvs.. The workers at the front desk were nice and very funny!! Hopefully my ac will not go out again but if so I would go up the street again

Room Tip: room in the back has less noise from traffic
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank-you for your great comments! As a company we are committed to keeping our rooms updated to insure customer satisfaction. We are glad that we could assist you in such a difficult situation.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

While waiting to check I noticed a security guard. He continually made rounds up and down the 3 floors. No trouble but found it kind of spooky they need security to make rounds. Room was okay. The floors are a wood/floating type floor. No nasty dirty carpet to deal with. The room could have been a little cleaner. Moved the luggage rack to accommodate my suitcase and there were lots of long black hair on the floor. The bathroom could be cleaned better. Mold in places. Air conditioning just barely kept up.

Room Tip: Air conditioner did not work the best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo

Thank-you for letting us know security is walking the property and performing their job as expected! All of the hotels in the area have security officers on duty during the evening shifts. Thank-you for informing us about the small issues in your room. We are working with and coaching our NEW housekeepers to insure they are providing an extremely clean room up check in. Thank-you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Reviewed 17 May 2013

This is not my first time here at property 164 on North Pointe and every time it's very nice and clean and now I see there have been some renovations so the place is very modern, this is my actual 3rd stay and I must say I almost hate to leave, the young lady at the front desk lobby > Brittany is very nice and professional and does her job very well, she deserves a raise, so thanks Red Roof and my cat Tigger says thanks as well he loved it too

Room Tip: Stay at property 164 it's very nice indeed
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
M Foster U, Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank-you for your great comments. We are glad that you had an outstanding stay with a Red roof inn Location.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

The staff was friendly and accomodating but the accomodations were not up to par. The room had a very strong chemical/cleaning agent smell that never went away. The sheets had a very strong chlorine odor as well. The airconditioner was extrememly loud, like sleeping next to a jet engine but it was needed to get air into the room and to try to reduce the chemical smell of the room. The TV was of poor quality. We could barely see the screen because the contrast was so poor. All in all, we would only stay there again if we were desparate.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank John A

We are truly sorry about the issues in your room. The chemicals we use to clean our rooms and linen usually produce little or no smell after the correct cleaning process. The NEW HD TV's that are in our newly renovated rooms are less than 6 months old. Thank-yor for bringing your issues to our attention and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel after our car broke down on the highway. We had to walk to the property and knew we would only be there a couple of hours until our mechanic could get to his wrecker around 8a the next morning. So we did not want to pay a huge amount of money. The staff was awesome offering us all kinds of information about the area because we were stranded.

I reccommend this hotel to one and all. We stayed on the back side and it was quiet and we were able to get a perfect nights (well 5 hours) of sleep while we waited to get back on the road home...

Room Tip: Ask for the back side of the hotel... It was quite and peaceful!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank-you for your great comments! I will pass on your feedback to the Red Roof team. The staff takes pride on being able to provide you with GREAT recommendations for the area.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and I must say I was pretty suprised with the inside of the room. The bed was super comfy and the sink had plenty of room to put my make up and hair supplies. The location was nice because it was right down the street from food spots and the interstate. The employees were also very kind and professional. The only downside were some of the people that stay there because at the end of the day motels have their share of drug activity and prositution so lock your doors and dont let little Stacey get ice from the ice machine by herself!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jazzy D
M Foster U, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Durham Triangle Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Thank-you for Taking the time to give us feedback regarding your stay. I will pass along your great comments to the staff. We take pride in being able to provide a Renovated room and Great service at a affordable price!