“Home away from home”

The Inn at Eagle Springs
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eagle Springs
The Inn at Eagle Springs
Rochester, New York
“Home away from home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

The Inn at Eagle Springs is the only B&B I've ever stayed at, so I don't have a lot to compare to and I never thought I'd feel comfortable staying at one. But this place is so comfortable and relaxing, it felt like home. Wes greets you at the door and makes you feel like he's known you a long time. He's very gracious and a great cook! Waking up to the smell of breakfast is the best way to start your day.

The rooms are spacious and well decorated with a different theme in each one. The atmosphere is inviting and cozy and quiet for the most part with only the sound of an occasional rooster giving it that added country feel. The sitting/tv room is a great place to kick back and there's free WIFI (for those of us who just can't get away from technology). There's a working farm on the property with chickens, goats, and pigs run by Wes' son and daughter-in-law. She gave us a tour with detailed explanation of the different breeds, backgrounds, what they eat, how they're cared for, you name it! It was very educational and an added bonus to our stay.

If you're traveling to the area, you should really give the Inn a visit. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: Room 3 was very comfortable and located at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

I'm not a big fan of B&Bs, but this one is charming and you really feel at home here. If you are looking for a full service hotel with all the amenities, this is not your place. If you're looking for a cozy place to stay and feel at home, this is your place. Wes, your host, is very amenable and his breakfast is to die for! There's so much food you'll never eat it all, but come with a healthy appetite! Every morning you'll get eggs, bacon and/or sausage, pancakes or waffles, potatoes (home fries/hash browns, etc.), coffee cake or danish, OJ and coffee. I feel like I'm forgetting something. There's no set schedule, just let Wes know the evening before what time you want breakfast and he'll oblige. If you're a dog lover, Maggie will be there to greet you. She's one of the sweetest dogs you'll ever meet. (Even if you don't care much for dogs, you can't help but love her.) We were really sorry, though not surprised, to hear that Zoe had to be put to sleep this year. She was pretty old when we saw her last year and we missed her this year by about three or four months. By the way, if you want to bring your own, pets stay free!

New this year is the addition of the farm next door. Wes' son and daughter-in-law live in the house next door and run a small farm that started with veggies and now includes chickens, pigs and goats. Sarah was so nice to give us a tour and it was SO interesting! I learned so much about farming, which also made for an educational visit!

This was our second trip to the Inn and I would have no hesitation booking here again. My only problem is, with no TVs in the rooms, I have a hard time getting to sleep. I'm one of those people who can't go to sleep without the TV on. Other than that, it's a great place to stay! Oh, and free Wi-Fi!

(Sorry, I accidentally clicked on the "pool" review below and now cannot unclick it. There is no pool.)

Room Tip: All rooms are unique and quaint.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

The room I was given was dusty and there were dead bugs on the window sills. It was the condition of the bathroom that actually made me pack up and leave after one hour. The toilet was filthy with urine and hair and the shower was still wet from the previous tenant with hair in it and on it and the baseboards were filthy...I can't believe they actually charge people money to stay in conditions like that. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Eagle Springs hotels

Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

My husband and I have stayed at numerous B&B's, but this is the first time the owner has come out to greet us when we pulled into the parking lot and helped us carry our things to our room. Wes is a wonderful host, a great cook, an interesting story teller, and makes the most delicious peach ice cream I've had in more than 40 years. If you are looking for a modern, plush place to stay - this isn't it. This is just down home, basic, relaxed comfort. We enjoyed sitting outside on the porch eating homemade icecream with some other guests, as well as sitting in the TV room watching TV and eating ice cream. All the bedrooms appeared to be upstairs. B&B is set up for wireless internet.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank airsho60
Hendersonville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

A perfect host and gracious gentleman described our host. When we returned from our planned trip to a local horse farm, Wes welcomed my mother and I "home" as if we were family members. The ambiance and decor created a perfect place to relax for the evening. My mother said it was the best night of sleep she has had in years. Wes spoke with earnest love as he described the history of the 1922 inn and former girls boarding house. An amazing breakfast topped off our weekend get-a-way.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank MtnDipity

Been to The Inn at Eagle Springs? Share your experiences!