“great place”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Eden
alaska
“great place”
Reviewed 30 October 2008

It was a great place to stay and the staff was very friendly
I would stay there anytime I'm in the area
So if you r traveling thru Eden and need a place to stay stop in

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank articiceman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Traveler
Reviewed 4 August 2008

I've stayed in about 8 Econolodges so far and this far and away the best one I've stayed in so far.
Generally speaking I find that anything with 'Econo' or 'Budget' in the name isn't worth staying in. Actually, the same goes for every 'Executive Inn' I've ever stayed in.
I must admit I couldn't understand it when the 'Choice' group of motels added Econolodge and Rodeway Inns to their lineup but this particular property was better than many Quality Inns I've stayed in.
At $70.39 (including tax) it may have been about $10 overpriced but it was decent. The rooms are a good size with many 'extras'. They were quite clean which is the main thing I care about. I wasn't bothered by too much noise which was good as there were a lot of kids staying there due to a family reunion going on. They do a pretty good breakfast with a decent amount of variety.
Overall I would say this is the nicest Econolodge I've stayed and in would probably recommend it. Having said that there is a Hampton Inn right next door which is my favourite chain so...next time I probably won't stay here if it's up to me. Unfortunately for me 95% of my rooms are booked for me by someone else.

• Liked — It was a pleasant surprise that it was clean and decent
  • Disliked — The lobby was constantly full of kids who were on the business centre computer
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Gulfport
Reviewed 26 July 2006

I would like to know what their policy is when a guest complains about bugs in a bed and is then moved from one room to another at 12:30am in the morning. The reason I ask is that is exactly what happened to my son and I on the 18th. Bugs were in my bed (Desk clerk saw them) that bit me and when told to the desk clerk, I got the feeling that I was disturbing her. I was offered bug spray or to be moved to another room. The bug spray didn't cut it for me so I found the two of us having to relocate our belongings in the middle of the night to another room at the other end of the hotel. Even that room had a pet roach in it that would every once in awhile come out from behind the bed frame mounted to the wall. Is this acceptable accommodations for Innkeeper inns? Just curious.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the bugs and attitude
  • Tips/Secrets — bring the bug spray
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ebaker1954
Also consider these accommodations in or near Eden
Baymont Inn & Suites Eden
Travelodge Ridgeway Martinsville Area
Days Inn of Reidsville
Days Inn of Reidsville
#2 of 5 in Reidsville

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!