“Very Nice Motel”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Very Nice Motel”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The motel was as you would expect form a Hampton Inn very nice.The staffs manning the desk were VERY friendly and helpful. The room was clean and smelled great. The breakfast is great with a good selection weither you want a hot or cold breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, 1 July 2013
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hampton Inn, Elizabeth City, I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations with the product and service that we provide and make your stay memorable.

I am looking forward to showing you again what staying at a Hampton is all about.

Guest Services Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 June 2013

The hotel is nice for the price. I love that they now wash the duvet covers after every guest visit. The shower could have used a rehab but other than that, the room was nice. The breakfast is just ok, not great but does the job. The scrambled eggs were horrible though. They looked like yellow marshmallows.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Havana
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed for two nights and wished we could of stayed longer! Close to everything you might need. Hotel was a half hour away from the ocean and it was a lovely drive. Hotel staff was very nice, and the room smelled amazing. The room was very clean. We would absolutely come back again. The only downside was they didn't have guest laundry facility on site but we found a laundromat about 3 miles away. Other than that it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Ashqelon
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed for 4 nights
the rooms are nice, a specious
shower is OK
the small cocking corner is halpfull
nice breakfast, and good dogybag to go!!
nice pool
location is good, near by restorants
most of the loby stuff are very nice and helpfull, some were strange
good value only if you are on goverment rate!!!

Room Tip: ask for room at the back
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, 17 July 2013

Guest Service Manager
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2013

I went to Elizabeth City for a graduation ceremony, so I didn't stay long and looked for a good, modest-priced hotel. This Hampton Inn was an excellent choice. It looks to be newly remodeled with a gorgeous (and very clean) lobby/breakfast area. The breakfast was wonderful! The front desk staff were always cheerful and ready to help. My room was very clean and spacious. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Shelley H

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I had to go to Elizabeth City for business, and my coworkers and I stayed at the Hampton Inn. I really enjoyed my stay here. Walking in, the hotel has a pretty small lobby in front. However, the dining area gives you plenty of space to sit down and do your work or meet with coworkers or friends.

Reception was fast, friendly, and efficient, and I got a room with my preferences, which was nice. I was in a double queen and the room was really spacious, with a round table/chairs in addition to the work desk, tv/dresser, and refrigerator/micro console. I didn't notice the closet, but didn't need one on this trip, so didn't think to look. The bathroom was also spacious with plenty of counter space. Note that the coffee/tea set was in the bathroom, but this did not impact me. (I hate bathrooms with inadequate counter space) The bed was super comfortable, as were the pillows. Wi-fi was easily accessible, and there was a good channel selection.

They do offer a nice breakfast, although I just had fruit and a yogurt. I was pleased to see that they had breakfast bags with a muffin, fruit, bottled water for those of us on the go; and later in the day they had a snack bag with a snack, chips, bottled water, and cookies. This was really helpful for us since we were in and out.

Working in the lobby, we had access to delicious home cooked cookies, fruit, and coffee or hot chocolate. We were also offered bottles of water. There is also a small sundry shop, but I didn't take advantage of it. My coworker did get a toothbrush from the front desk. There is also a small meal in the afternoon, but I wasn't able to partake. Nice to know that I could have a bite to eat at the hotel, though.

I highly recommend this hotel, and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I was across from the boiler room and near the elevators. Didn't hear any sounds all night.

Foley, United States
Reviewed 1 June 2013

IT was most certainly the friendliest, cleanest, and the staff were exceptionally wonderful to us. OUr needs were taken care of promptly. All the employees were happy and smiling which says a lot for a business. We will be back again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, 6 June 2013

Guest Service Manager
#6 of 9 in Elizabeth City
Inn at Corolla Light
Inn at Corolla Light
#1 of 2 in Corolla

Been to Hampton Inn Elizabeth City? Share your experiences!