“Genuine hospitality”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Mechanicsville, Maryland
“Genuine hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

I showed up sweaty and disheveled from a long motorcycle ride to Elizabeth City. I was a bit concerned that might be off putting to whoever was staffing the front desk, but I couldn’t have been more wrong. The lady working was incredibly welcoming and made sure I had everything I needed, including a slightly early check-in. My room was notably clean and the bed comfortable enough that it was easy to doze off within minutes. In the morning, the breakfast area was well stocked and there were complimentary local Sunday papers. Each worker I encountered smiled and delivered excellent hospitality.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle K
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
On behalf of the entire team here at the Hampton Inn, Elizabeth City, I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations with the product and service that we provide and make your stay memorable.

I am looking forward to showing you again what staying at a Hampton is all about.

Guest Service Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
St Louis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Having stayed at two different hotels in Elizabeth City one being the Holiday Inn Express this hotel by far is the best in service-cleanliness-and best overall value in Elizabeth City. The staff are truly interested in the comfort and security of their customers and treat everyone like their family. I always stay at this hotel and frankly would recommend it to anyone travelling to this market

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times while visiting relatives. The Staff is top-notch and the facilities and location is excellent. Sabrina, the Guest Services Manager, is a true profession and Hannah, Melissa, Susan, Mort, Monique are all first rate at their jobs. I will continue to stay here on future trips because of the exceptional courteous, friendly and helpful customer service provided by these employees.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Atlantic Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

The motel was as you would expect form a Hampton Inn very nice.The staffs manning the desk were VERY friendly and helpful. The room was clean and smelled great. The breakfast is great with a good selection weither you want a hot or cold breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Sabrina P, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, 1 July 2013

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

The hotel is nice for the price. I love that they now wash the duvet covers after every guest visit. The shower could have used a rehab but other than that, the room was nice. The breakfast is just ok, not great but does the job. The scrambled eggs were horrible though. They looked like yellow marshmallows.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Havana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We stayed for two nights and wished we could of stayed longer! Close to everything you might need. Hotel was a half hour away from the ocean and it was a lovely drive. Hotel staff was very nice, and the room smelled amazing. The room was very clean. We would absolutely come back again. The only downside was they didn't have guest laundry facility on site but we found a laundromat about 3 miles away. Other than that it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple

Ashqelon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013

Stayed for 4 nights
the rooms are nice, a specious
shower is OK
the small cocking corner is halpfull
nice breakfast, and good dogybag to go!!
nice pool
location is good, near by restorants
most of the loby stuff are very nice and helpfull, some were strange
good value only if you are on goverment rate!!!

Room Tip: ask for room at the back