“Great hotel for a team tourney”

Hampton Inn Elizabeth City
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Northern Virginia
“Great hotel for a team tourney”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We got a great team rate. Hotel was clean and staff was very friendly. The facilities were beautiful. The breakfast buffet was great- there were plenty of options to chose from- if ever in Elizabeth City I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Chelstin
Dave W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Why thank you Chelstin for the superb review on Tripadvisor about us! We do a great job in organizing teams so that no stone is left unturned. Before check in, we have all rooms blocked on lower floors if possible to help with other guests, all rooms are assigned per teams request and check in is a breeze. Breakfast is no exception with teams offering meeting space so teams can eat together and focus on the upcoming game. From all of us here at The Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, thank you and we hope we can help you out the next time you and your team rolls through.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

The Hampton Inn was beautiful and spotlessly clean. The room was clean and fresh and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was good, having everything you would expect at a hot breakfast. When I checked out, the desk clerk asked if I would like a bottle of water for the road. I know the bottle of water isn't a big deal, but it shows a level of caring you rarely see. I'd stay there again--easily!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Steve C
Steve C. you are great! Here at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, we expect all of our guest to start the day in the best way possible. Free bottles of water when departing and a healthy yet statisfying breakfast always helps in that process. Our little deals are always big deals when it comes to helping our guests. I would like to personally thank you for your review and we look forward to helping you with any future reservations.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

Nice Hotel to stay in when you're headed to the outer banks for vacation, allows you to beat traffic getting on island earlier in the day. Room was large and clean with a huge bathroom. breakfast was great, staff was awesome. If we needed to stay there for business it would be a good choice. very homey feeling

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much 856juliana for your wonderful review of our property! We are glad you enjoyed your stay before heading out the the wonderful OBX. All of our rooms are spacious, quiet and give you a cozy feel while in Elizabeth City. Our staff here will always do what whatever is necessary to make sure you enjoy your stay. Thanks again for your great review and we love having you here!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Staying at a Hampton for the usual reasons: they launder all the bedding, not just the sheets, and their wireless usually works, unlike Holiday/Comfort Inns. Had a problem with my room location (behind the elevator where I can hear the cables grind during the night) and the 2nd room smelled bad. The desk clerk, Hanna, was patient with me and finally got me situated in a good room. I'd have to say she's the nicest service person I've encountered in my extensive travels - genuinely friendly - nothing fake about her.

• Stayed September 2013
Dave W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thanks DJM for you post on TripAdvisor about the Hampton Inn Elizabeth City. We are all happy you enjoyed your stay! Hannah is a Rockstar! Our staff here is amazing and we generally care about any need a guest would have. I am sorry to hear we couldnt get it right from that start but I assure you I have investigated the reasonings behind your issues with your first two rooms.
It was our pleasure to serve you DJM and we hope to have you here again at the Hampton Inn Elizabeth City.
Karthaus, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

My wife & I stayed here Friday the 13th.....LOL. All went extremely well. They contacted us twice before we even arrived, had a Welcome letter awaiting us and our room was cooled and cleaned and smelled fresh when we entered. We met both the General Manager & Customer Services Manager. They called to see if we were satisfied with our room and gave us info on restaurants and delivery places, including telephone numbers & menus. Since I had prepaid, there was no bill, but provided a receipt for our records. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room very clean and the duvet was bright and clean. My only suggestion is that Hampton Inns assist them in altering the front entry so that the luggage carts can roll down to the cars...there is a curb-like step down now that inhibits direct handicap access to the front door. The handicap access is close but could easily be directly in front of the doors, allowing closer and also rain-free access. That would make an Excellent facility even Better! Thanks Dave & Sabrina....and Great Job! PS....a very nice staff lady in the Breakfast area (from the Philly area) gave us terrific info on the Outer banks, our next destination....She added that "extra touch" you do not often see.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, very nice view. Restaurant rating above refers to the Free Breakfast serv...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Why thank you so much GEORGE M for you more than stellar review! I remember talking to you as you and your wife departed. I am pleased to see that you have shared your wonderful time with the world on tripadvisor. As I stated, we really do look at these comments and find new ways of giving guests a unique yet statisfying stay. We all can't thank you enough for your great comments. From all of us here, thank you for your visit and if we can ever help in the future, we will be more than happy to help.

Take care guys!

P.S.
I will look into getting that ramp constructed at for future guests. I agree with you and your comments. :)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was my fourth time staying here in the last 3 months for work. Each time the rooms have been clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is the best part of the stay because they are friendly and attentive to the needs of their customers. They are also knowledgeable about the area and their suggestions are right on. When I have to be in Elizabeth City for work, I always look forward to my hotel stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sunshine B. you are my sunshine! Thanks for your great review of our property! Our front desk staff is awesome and we always love having you here. From all of us here, we thank you for your business and look forward to helping you out in the near future.
Newberry, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

Staff was Great. They meet all our needs from the time we arrive until the time we departed. Would highly recommend for team travel. Rooms were clean and everyone we meet were willing to help. Food and meeting space was great.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Arnez G
Thank you so much for your great review Arnez G. We take great pride in service and I am pleased to hear that your stay was filled with long lasting memories. We do a great job with teams and with our new breakfast options, we have a wide range of different foods for a healthy breakfast. Thanks again for staying here at the Hampton Inn Elizabeth City and we look forward to next year!