“it was de-lightful, de-licious, and de-lovely!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
De'Tours in Elizabeth City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Enjoy the warmth of yesterday with a unique afternoon experience in the quaint surroundings of Elizabeth City, North Carolina. Escape the rat race and step into an unhurried atmosphere where you will journey into the past on a personalized walking tour of Historic Elizabeth City, followed by deliciously appealing British Tea cuisine in a restored 1853 Greek Revival Home. Guided by a local resident, you will cover over 300 years of history and architecture. Upon returning from the tour, you will be treated to a Victorian tea and scones in the oldest surviving brick home in Elizabeth City. Tour and Tea time is approximately 2 hours.
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My friends and I celebrated with a candlelight bridal tea at detours in Elizabeth City, NC. The food was scrumptious and we had a lovely time dressing up and playing tea party. We also got to tour the house and gardens. Afterward we walked around historic downtown and along the waterfront. Great experience and I highly recommend it to any visitors!

5  Thank Pennington717

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Four of us celebrated a friend's birthday with tea at De'Tours. The hostess, Bonnie, has a lovely, welcoming home filled with family heirlooms which are in use for the teas. We had a lovely array of tea sandwiches and pastries along with several varieties of tea. Bonnie let us try on vintage hats and was sure to take pictures to email to us later.
Following the tea, Bonnie gave us a tour of her Greek Revival home, the oldest brick home in Elizabeth City and then took us on an interesting historical tour of the town. It was a lovely afternoon and I recommend this tea room to all ages and for all occasions.

3  Thank Carol P
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I had the most pleasant experience planning and enjoying a wonderful tea party for my daughter's bridal shower. The owner Bonnie was so easy to work with. She was able to take care of every request we had. There were 16 of us and it was perfect, from the atmosphere, the food, and most of all the wonderful hostess and service we received. I highly recommend this tea house for any special occasion that you would want. It was a very special experience. Thank you Bonnie and Jim for opening your tea house and hospitality to our friends and family. We will be back. Look very forward to a good excuse to return.

1  Thank Sharon R
Reviewed 19 October 2013

My wife and I had our own private lunch/tea to celebrate our 20th anniversery here and enjoyed every minute of this two hour experience. Tea incl small finger sandwhiches and several delicious baked sweets was fun and filling. Heirloom family service plates and silverware and furniture from owner and hostess Bonnie came with many interesting personal stories. HOuse tour added to the experience. Reservation required. Highly recommended for women and wives and girls for special occasion or just a trip back in time.

4  Thank FredLawrence_NC
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Arranged a tea for visiting relatives and found out SO much interesting history I had not heard before about our beautiful waterfront town. We all thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food and teas were amazing. It's truely a great place to make special memories with friends and family!

4  Thank Kittync