“Jerry's review”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Bayville, New Jersey
“Jerry's review”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Great hotel, reasonable. very comfortable and CLEAN, QUIET, good access to Outer Banks. Many restaurants nearby. Will stay there again next year. my family did not not complain once, they loved the place and already are planning to see more of Elizabeth City when we stay there next year

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Jerry,

Thank you so much for that shining review! Taking the time to complete the survey helps us to continue to improve the quality of hospitality and service we provide here at the Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable rooms, and that you found the atmosphere to be quiet and relaxing. There are many other options available for lodging, and we are so very pleased that you chose us. I am glad that you found our location to be preferable.

I look forward to exceeding your expectations again next year!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 July 2014

After 11 hours on the road, we wanted nothing more than to unload and go for a swim. Too bad no one had told us that the pool was closed. There is a pool listed on their website, so we expected it. After going to the room, we found that there was no refrigerator (also advertised in web), so they had to change our room. Upon moving to the next room, we found a dirty towel on the back of the bathroom door, and the exhaust fan didn't work. The other family traveling with us found their bathroom didn't lock, their room door handle was broken, there was an empty socket in one of the desk lamps (bad for small fingers) and a bug on the bed. The breakfast area was small, ill-equipped for the number of guests, and often unstocked. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

johngable,

I am so very sorry to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations in every way possible. It is always our priority to provide every guest with an exceptionally good experience, and we failed you in that respect.

Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the survey. They are invaluable in helping us improve the guest experience.

We sincerely hope that you will give Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City another chance to exceed your expectations. Feel free to call me directly at (252) 331-7751 if you'd like to discuss your recent stay further.
Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hotel was clean and beds are comfortable. Hotel is also within walking distance of restaurants and shopping. However, I feel the hotel is pricey for the area. I'm not sure if I would choose this hotel again. I think I get better quality for the price that i paid.

Washington, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

This was ok, not my first choice, but the closest to ECSU. The bed was very comfortable. it had a microwave and fridge. The air conditioner was very loud and the food could of been better. The front desk person totally botched my check in and I had to spend time dealing with that which made me late for what I came there for in the first place!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Richmond, United States
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel clean, friendly & helpful staff. Price was little much even with AARP discount. Only one real complaint. Bathtub was very slippery and there are no safety bars in tub. There is one to help get in and out of tub. Not sure of cause-tried to clean with washrag and soap but didn't help.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Very nice rooms....BUT this hotel was installing a pool on the odd number rooms side of the hotel. Contractor started at 6AM! Staff stated nothing they do. After this pool is finished, I expect this hotel to be worth the value.

1 Thank L6327CPdavidw
SPRINGDALE,MD.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay very much. The rooms was clean and the environment was very nice and quiet. The breakfast area was very nice and clean. The front desk staff Shannon and Alan was great I talk with them all weekend because they was so helpful, they really took care of me and my family doing our staff. They not only cover the front desk but they work in the breakfast area and ensure we had every thing we need. I had a small problem with my TV remote over the weekend and I brought it to the attention of the General Manager Nicole and she handle my situation in an outstanding manner and I was very please. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
#6 of 9 in Elizabeth City
Inn at Corolla Light
Inn at Corolla Light
#1 of 2 in Corolla

Been to Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!