“Best Western Plus Elizabeth City NC”

Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Portsmouth, United States
“Best Western Plus Elizabeth City NC”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel was at the end of a restoration and was clean and fairly new looking. The bed was comfortable although the pillows were not (I usually bring my own when I travel but forgot this time). It was a little hard to find as it sits back off the road a bit and the sign was not very big. Fortunately we were traveling the the daytime-it would have been difficult to find at night. The breakfast was great, it had several items you don't find in most hotel breakfasts these days, such as scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage. The only staff we had contact with were the front desk people and they were very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear William,

Thank you so much for submitting a review about your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City! I am so glad that you found our new renovations delightful (even if not fully completed!), and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I am sorry that you didn't find the pillows to be as comfortable as you would have liked.

I apologize that you had a difficult time finding the hotel. You're right, it can prove to be even more difficult in the night time. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast bar, especially the scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage!

We hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel was just ok, the location was pretty decent. I booked this hotel for a family reunion. The hotel decor in the lobby and the exterior were nice. The rooms were nice as well. But I was HIGHLY disappointed that the pool is not functional and we were not accommodated in any way for that inconvenience. It was JULY! The pool should have been functioning. The housekeeping are notorious for stealing. My cousin's blue tooth headset disappeared and once he involved the local PD it miraculously reappeared in his room. The elevator always had a weird smell as if someone just threw up. I don't think I would ever stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear Etosha M,

I am so sorry to hear all of the things that went wrong during your stay with us here at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites, Elizabeth City. I apologize that you were disappointed by the pool, and that your cousin briefly lost his blue tooth headset. I am sorry for the elevator having a weird smell, as well.

I am glad that you enjoyed the decor and that you found the room to be spacious and comfortable. I hope you were also able to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast bar.
pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was an excellent hotel. The rooms where beautiful, clean and very comfortable! Could not have asked for better service. About 2 hours to OBX with traffic, good stay over night before. Only disappointment was the pool was newly built and not ready for swimmers, as it had just received final chemicals. Great area and lots of places to eat and shop if needed. We grocery shopped there prior to going to OBX which saved a lot of hassle.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Debbie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review about your experience here at the Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City! We value all guest's opinions, and they are important in helping us improve the overall experience.

I am very pleased that you found the rooms to be beautiful, clean, and comfortable! Our staff is always pleased to provide superior hospitality and service.

We hope you visit with us again, so that we can continue to exceed your expectations!
United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

the motel was very clean and quiet. The beds were very comfortable. Our only complaint is the coffee machine that brews coffee instantly. It's like having instant coffee! Being coffee drinkers that we are - this just is not a good choice. We much prefer real brewed coffee. Otherwise, the breakfast was very good with lots of choices.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lois,

Thank you for completing a review about your recent stay with us at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City. I am so pleased that you found our establishment clean, quiet, and comfortable!

I am glad you were able to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast bar, and I do apologize for your dissatisfaction with the coffee.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, as they are an important part of continuing to improve the overall guest experience.
Richmond, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2014

They have remodeled the hotel since last stayed. The beds are so comfortable. Everyone is nice. I can tell they change the air filters because the air smell clean the carpet has the new smell and the hall ways smell good. Not like other hotels. I wanted to stay over another night but it was booked out so I had to stay at the Marriot in VA. The cons is that they do not have a pool but there is a local public pool called Meads Pool close to the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review about your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City.

I am pleased that you found the bed comfortable, the staff friendly, and the air so fresh. I hope you were able to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast bar as well.

We hope to see you again, so that we may continue to provide you with superior hospitality and service.
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

We needed a place to stay before we could check in to our house in Corolla,OBX. The rooms were clean and nice we had a suite which had a pull out bed. Breakfast was good, too ! It's not a 5 star review because my wife found some hair in towels that were in the cubby located in the bath. The staff was quick to apologize and replace them. As for the pool that was closed due to remodeling we will have to see...

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Orlando,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City.

I apologize for the trouble with the towels, and I am glad that the staff immediately replaced them for you. I am so glad that you found the room to be clean, comfortable, and spacious, and that you were able to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast bar!

We hope to see you again in the future, so that we may continue to exceed your expectations!
Elizabeth City, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The hotel was built/remodeled very poorly. No Pool, fitness room is dark. Staff is lazy and unfriendly. Rooms have an odor and beds are like sleeping on card board boxes on the pavement. Internet was slow, paint in rooms was not even and trim was falling off everywhere. Have stayed at many BW and seem to be getting away from them more and more due to quality of them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Shayne,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites, Elizabeth City. I am so very sorry to hear that you were disappointed about so many aspects of your stay. It is always our goal to exceed every guest's expectations, and I am sorry that we failed to do so for you.

I hope you are able to visit us again, so that we may show you the true hospitality and service that Best Western offers.