“Outstanding Stay”

Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Front desk was friendly and extraordinarily helpful. Room was outstanding. Breakfast was superb! Reservations bent over backwards to assist us in positioning our family members near one another. I loved it!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Johnniea465,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us here at Best Western Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City.

I am so glad that you found our staff to be so accommodating, the rooms spacious and comfortable, and that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast bar!

We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

beautiful hotel with a great breakfast and Bright was very accommodating! the room was very clean and the bed was comfy! centrally located and plenty of parking. we will be back! the kids loved the food and the coffee was great

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Dawn,

Thank you so much for your review about your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City! I am glad to hear that Bright showed you such hospitality!

I am so pleased that you found the room to be clean and the bed to be comfy, and that you enjoyed our great location, parking availability, and the complimentary hot breakfast bar.

It sounds like your trip was such a success, and that truly makes me happy. Thank you so much for your loyalty to the Best Western brand.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel was at the end of a restoration and was clean and fairly new looking. The bed was comfortable although the pillows were not (I usually bring my own when I travel but forgot this time). It was a little hard to find as it sits back off the road a bit and the sign was not very big. Fortunately we were traveling the the daytime-it would have been difficult to find at night. The breakfast was great, it had several items you don't find in most hotel breakfasts these days, such as scrambled eggs and bacon/sausage. The only staff we had contact with were the front desk people and they were very courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear William,

Thank you so much for submitting a review about your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City! I am so glad that you found our new renovations delightful (even if not fully completed!), and the rooms to be clean and comfortable. I am sorry that you didn't find the pillows to be as comfortable as you would have liked.

I apologize that you had a difficult time finding the hotel. You're right, it can prove to be even more difficult in the night time. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast bar, especially the scrambled eggs, bacon, and sausage!

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 15 August 2014

This hotel was just ok, the location was pretty decent. I booked this hotel for a family reunion. The hotel decor in the lobby and the exterior were nice. The rooms were nice as well. But I was HIGHLY disappointed that the pool is not functional and we were not accommodated in any way for that inconvenience. It was JULY! The pool should have been functioning. The housekeeping are notorious for stealing. My cousin's blue tooth headset disappeared and once he involved the local PD it miraculously reappeared in his room. The elevator always had a weird smell as if someone just threw up. I don't think I would ever stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Etosha M,

I am so sorry to hear all of the things that went wrong during your stay with us here at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites, Elizabeth City. I apologize that you were disappointed by the pool, and that your cousin briefly lost his blue tooth headset. I am sorry for the elevator having a weird smell, as well.

I am glad that you enjoyed the decor and that you found the room to be spacious and comfortable. I hope you were also able to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast bar.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This was an excellent hotel. The rooms where beautiful, clean and very comfortable! Could not have asked for better service. About 2 hours to OBX with traffic, good stay over night before. Only disappointment was the pool was newly built and not ready for swimmers, as it had just received final chemicals. Great area and lots of places to eat and shop if needed. We grocery shopped there prior to going to OBX which saved a lot of hassle.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelResponse_2014, General Manager at Best Western Plus Elizabeth City Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Debbie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review about your experience here at the Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City! We value all guest's opinions, and they are important in helping us improve the overall experience.

I am very pleased that you found the rooms to be beautiful, clean, and comfortable! Our staff is always pleased to provide superior hospitality and service.

We hope you visit with us again, so that we can continue to exceed your expectations!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

the motel was very clean and quiet. The beds were very comfortable. Our only complaint is the coffee machine that brews coffee instantly. It's like having instant coffee! Being coffee drinkers that we are - this just is not a good choice. We much prefer real brewed coffee. Otherwise, the breakfast was very good with lots of choices.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Lois,

Thank you for completing a review about your recent stay with us at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City. I am so pleased that you found our establishment clean, quiet, and comfortable!

I am glad you were able to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast bar, and I do apologize for your dissatisfaction with the coffee.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, as they are an important part of continuing to improve the overall guest experience.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

They have remodeled the hotel since last stayed. The beds are so comfortable. Everyone is nice. I can tell they change the air filters because the air smell clean the carpet has the new smell and the hall ways smell good. Not like other hotels. I wanted to stay over another night but it was booked out so I had to stay at the Marriot in VA. The cons is that they do not have a pool but there is a local public pool called Meads Pool close to the area.

Dear Pamela,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review about your recent stay with us here at Best Western Plus Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City.

I am pleased that you found the bed comfortable, the staff friendly, and the air so fresh. I hope you were able to enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast bar as well.

We hope to see you again, so that we may continue to provide you with superior hospitality and service.