“Not worth the trip.”
Review of Water's Edge Grill - CLOSED

Water's Edge Grill
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My husband and I went for lunch. I had a fish sandwich and my husband had a chicken salad. He said the salad was okay, but small for the price. The fish on my sandwich was large, but extremely fishy tasting to the point I could not eat it. It obviously was not fresh, and I even feared it may be spoiled. The server did not offer me anything, not even a discount. Our drinks were not refilled and the servers were hardly around, despite the fact that there were only 2 other tables of guests in the restaurant. We will not return there and advise others to avoid it. If you want a nice dinner, go to Montero's or Cypress Creek. Or head to the beach area.

3  Thank Maloof93

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Steak and crab special both tasted funny and made me sick. Roll was rubbery! Need alot of help for sure or won't last.

2  Thank travelinggirl2424
Reviewed 1 September 2013

In the 11 years going to Elizabeth City, we've had two terrible meals, both in the same building. We heard it had new owners and thought we would try one more time. At 6:30 on a Sat. evening, they ran out of baked potatoes,got our order all wrong and took 45 minutes to make our meals. What we were served was really bad. Spent $100 and would have had a better meal at Quality Seafood for 1/3 of the price. Four adults and two infants.

5  Thank gemstan
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Ordered the veal and it ended up being a processed patty. Not very good. Waited a long time for food, and there was only 3 other tables occupied. Waitress took forever to ask if our food was ok. When paying, waitress ran our credit card with another tables check, and said she couldn't reverse the charges.. I have previously been a waitress for years and never heard of this happening before you run the complete check through. Anyway...would not recommend.

3  Thank Laurie V
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We went to try the new "Water's Edge Grill", and will NEVER return. Ordered calamari, which seemed to be of the frozen variety, but "deep fried" on the premises. It was ok. My date ordered a hamburger with lettuce, tomato and pickle (mustard on the side) I ordered a house salad and a half pound of steamed shrimp.

His hamburger arrived with mayonnaise, which he did not send back. My salad and steamed shrimp arrived and upon eating the first piece of shrimp something tasted peculiar. I ate 2 to be sure... and it was a very weird taste, combination of something metallic and plastic... like they had been stored improperly. I eat approximately 50lbs. of E-city shrimp/year so this was very bizarre.

I told the waitress, who took away the food, she came back and told me the "chef" had tasted the shrimp and they were fine. They would give me a 20% discount off the item. No apologies, just that the shrimp were fine. (the shrimp were not ok) I have never argued with restaurant personnel that my food tastes poorly, nor did I tonight. We just elected to leave. Oh, the salad contained hot house/previously frozen tomatoes, iceberg lettuce, croutons that are barely croutons, and they were obviously from a food distributor. (gross, Pepperidge Farm is better)

The hamburger was barely edible. The ice tea was very good. The view was nice too.
I will never take anyone there, as it is a horrible display of our Harbor of Hospitality! No hospitality offered at all! Regretfully, I was hoping to have a new venue to take my numerous visitors to our city. Hopefully, it will close soon and a new team will try, as it is a wonderful location.

8  Thank Messy_Cookies