“Diner-ish!”
Review of City Grille

City Grille
Cuisines: American, Greek
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Diner-ish!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Welcoming staff, good service. The restaurant was clean and very busy but we did not wait to be seated. Our food was ready very fast considering the Sunday lunch crowd. We had the Gyro and the cheese steak sandwich with fries. And a side order of hushpuppies as an appetizer. The menu is too vast. No one can do that many types of food and do them well. Everything seemed to be frozen food off the truck that had been thawed and heated. They should pick a few styles of foods from the menu and concentrate on preparing them very well. I would have liked more depth in the flavors. All considered, it wasn't bad......just eh......! Hushpuppies are awesome. The dessert case looks amazing, but again its all processed, frozen food service cakes and canolis. Not fresh made.

Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Not a fan!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The food is okay. Pulled pork tastes like it's from the cooler at Walmart.

The service was slow and while I understand that our waitress was new, she repeatedly messed up our order and we waited forever.

I don't plan to return.

Coinjock, North Carolina
“Fair”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Salad of iceberg lettuce, chopped tomatoes and onion--not horrible, but nothing great. Fried takapia was ok. Server was friendly. My friends had calamari, chicken salad (which is made with only chicken and mayo), and fried chicken. All ok, but not great, in my opinion.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jeanne M
Lusby, Maryland
“Great Food, Good Service”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We passed this restaurant the first time and then decided to turn around and give it a try. The food was hot and very fresh. We tried the fish special and a grilled chiken salad. The chicken came out like it was just taken off the grill and my husband really enjoyed the fish. The waitress was very nice and checked up on us several times to make sure we had everything we needed. I would stop her again any time I'm in the area.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Jeanne R
Currituck, North Carolina
“Best place in town!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I eat regularly here and they have great food. I have never had anything that was not top quality. The owner is very friendly as well as all the staff. There are many different menu items to choose from. See you there!

• Visited January 2014