“Awesome authentic ny style pizza”

Tony's Italian Pizza & Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 104 Restaurants in Elizabeth City
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Awesome authentic ny style pizza”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Love Tony's!!! We move to Elizabeth City 6 years ago from New Jersey where my husband and I both grew up. When we first moved here we weren't happy with the pizza places we had been to as none of them were anything like home that change once we found Tonys. Love the pizza the pastas all the appetizers and even the salads.Tony's is also one of the only places in the area that actually knows how to make a Sicilian pizza. If you haven't been to Tony it's definitely checked it out if you're looking for a real Pizzeria.

• Visited June 2013

Greenville, North Carolina
“Good Italian”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Great staff and delicious food, I have eaten pasta, pizza and hoagies here and all were very good The staff was friendly and fast and the take out orders were hot, and as ordered . Give it a try

• Visited April 2013
Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The pizza is great and the staff is very helpful! A great place to take kids. It's really the only good pizza in Elizabeth City.

• Visited March 2013
NE NC
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Great staff and delicious food, I have eaten pasta, pizza and hoagies here and all were top notch! The staff was friendly and fast, even on Valentines the service was great!

• Visited February 2013
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Average Italian; Horrible Service”
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

My family has been a patron of Tony's for the past few years, and I have had mixed feelings about the establishment which I hope to accurately detail here.

The pizza at Tony's is a definite bright spot; I would say that it is the best pizza in town. However, the pasta dishes and entrees are not impressive. The sauces do not taste homemade, for one.

Another positive besides the pizza is the atmosphere. The restaurant itself is charming and clean inside, and has a definite family friendly feeling.

The value is below average. For the quality of the dishes, the price is steep. I have eaten at much higher quality Italian restaurants whose prices were several dollars lower for comparable items, and they came with larger portions.

My real complaint with Tony's is the service. The female owner of the restaurant has been very rude to my family on numerous occasions. She is not personable, and it makes a customer such as myself feel like our patronage is not valued, and is instead taken for granted.

Tonight, I placed an order over the phone for two pizzas and a small Italian sub. When I went to pick it up, the female owner handed me two large pizzas, along with a third, small sausage pizza. Unflustered, I informed her that I actually ordered a sub, not a small pizza. She insisted that because "it is written here on the ticket that you ordered a small sausage pizza," that that was what I ordered. Instead of listening to me and correcting the restaurant's mistake, she charged me for food that I clearly didn't want. Honestly, even if she had been right, that was still the wrong way to handle the situation. That kind of disregard for your customers doesn't translate to a loyal customer base, and unfortunately, it isn't the first time that I or my family has had this issue with this restaurant.

3 Thank CMsirP