Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City
Comfort Inn Elizabeth City(Elizabeth City)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$224
Sanderling Resort(Duck)(Great Value!)
US$272
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskhot tubrecommend this hotelnew developmentoutlet coverswould stay here againnice hotelthe outer banksrooms were very cleanfree breakfastshort staylate checkwi fistaff was very friendlyoatmealthe general managerthe breakfast area
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn for one night when recently passing through the area. The hotel seems newer and quite nice. I was impressed with the room decor, the furnishings looked new and were very nice, I loved the bright whites and greens. The room was very clean and lovely.

A few drawbacks were the overall sleep quality. The AC was noisy and blew cold air directly onto the beds where we were reclining watching tv. Yet the room was hot and stuffy without it. Not a major complaint, just something we dealt with. However! The train came through around 4am and blew its whistle multiple times... Then we realized we were on the side by the tracks. Directly above the railroad tracks.

We obtained a "map" from the front desk, who were very helpful with directions. However, the hotel seems to be on the outskirts of the city, which may be a good thing... But the map I was given didn't really provide any detail to help find my way around. That was a bit difficult.

The breakfast wasn't great, but it was good and it provided enough to get the day started. The hotel is also close to Ruby Tuesdays, where we had dinner the night before.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy that you enjoyed the apperance and feel of your rooms. I certainly apologize for the train disrupting your sleep. This is not a frequently occuring event and we rarely have a train blow its whitstle outside of once or twice during the day. As far as breakfast, we have just recently expanded our breakfast to include: scrambles eggs, sausage, bacon, fresh cut fruit and hard boiled eggs. We also have always had hot belgian waffles, oatmeal, a variety of cereals and yogurt, and a selection of juices. We hope that you will be able to visit again. Thank you again.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

I was pleasantly surprised. Hotel is either relatively new or very well maintained. Clean, spacious and very comfortable rooms. The service at the front desk was very pleasant, very professional, very welcoming. Despite the fact that Elizabeth City is not my choice spot, if you have to be there, you will not go wrong staying at this hotel.
Thank you Dwayne (@ front desk) Hope I have your name spelling right. If not, I'm sorry. You were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Keep up the great customer service!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Fairfield Inn and Suites, Elizabeth City takes great pride in giving all of our guests an excellent experience. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

This was my first visit to the area. We were in town for our son's collegiate baseball game. From it's initial location, appearance, cleanliness and customer service, it was apparent that we made the right choice for our reservations. Thank Fairfield Inn for a relaxing and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Thank you so very much for your review of our property. Fairfield Inn and Suites, Elizabeth City takes great pride in being a preferred location for many who visit for college events. We hope to have you with us again!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

My fiance and I went to a silent auction benefit and won a 2 night stay in a spa suite at this hotel. As we were getting married soon we decided to use the hotel for our honeymoon. I went to the property to look at the meeting room and check on availability and was delighted to find it was available for a reception for our families and friends. As luck would have it we experienced a snow storm the night of the reception, which is unusual for the area, and some of the things like caterer clean up had to be delayed for the next day. We got a reaction of "No Problem" for all the little crazy circumstances that popped up due to the weather. Also some family members who did not intend to stay the night had to due to weather conditions and rooms were found for them right away. The staff at this hotel is wonderful and will accommodate you in any way they can. Phyllis, Daryl and Rhiana were the absolute best. I can not say enough positive things about this hotel as far as cleanliness, overall condition and comfort go. I highly advise anyone coming to the Elizabeth City area to make a reservation at this hotel. It is within walking distance of an IHOP and 3 Amigos, a very popular Mexican restaurant in the area. Everyone we dealt with from front desk, to housekeeping, to the breakfast bar attendant were top notch. When I feel like I need to get away from it all but really don't want to go anywhere I will be staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Elizabeth City, N.C.

Room Tip: The spa suites are good for couples. The room has everything to offer for a romantic getaway. The room would also do well for families as there is a hide-a-bed sofa giving you an extra sleeping area and the rooms are large.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Fairfield_EC_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

I am happy that you were pleased with our staff and accommodations. It was our pleasure to give you a wonderful honeymoon. Congratulations!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Elizabeth City, NC for 1 night. Very nice stay. Great customer service at front desk, clean hotel, and great breakfast buffet! I will definitely stop overnight again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your gracious remarks on your stay. I am pleased that your experience with us was excellent.