“Extra holiday cheer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elizabeth City
Culpepper Inn Bed and Breakfast
San Antonio, Texas
“Extra holiday cheer”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My companion and I travelled to Elizabeth City around Christmas and enjoyed two nights at the Culpepper Inn. The whole house was decorated for the holidays, and the rooms we stayed in--the Rose Room and Lavender Room--were very comfortable. Breakfast each morning was delicious. We enjoyed a very nice break in the middle of the holiday hustle and would stay here again if we had the opportunity.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Holly & Melanie made us feel very special for our 34 th Wedding Anniversary. The B&B is very nicely appointed & clean as a pin. The extras are everywhere... the "Tavern" is a special place set aside for meeting others and having a drink or a coffee or popping some popcorn for a snack. But, there are snacks a plenty, as there are containers of freshly baked sweets of many descriptions. There were pastry offerings in the living room, the morning dining room the "Tavern" & special chocolates in your room. The included Breakfast was started by Juice & a fresh fruit cup, then followed by freshly baked Sweet French toast, augmented with fruits & a wonderfully flavored sauce. Plus a potatoe casserole and sausage links. Unlimited coffee was ready & waiting when we sat down. Perfect way to start the day.

Room Tip: ll the rooms in the main house are on the second floor & are all beautiful, as we toured all of...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donnanwill
Golden Valley, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I normally don't do B and B's but this was awesome. Room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and very clean. Owner was so welcoming and hands on with sharing the history of the Inn and a tour of the surroundings. Family members were here in town for an incredible celebration of a 16 year old cousin being cancer free. Staying here kept us close to family and events. We had an awesome experience all round and I would definately stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in the pool view room and my sister stayed in the gold room. Both could not have been more...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was our first time staying at this inn. We had a beautiful room, delicious breakfasts, and Holly, the innkeeper, was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The inn was charming and beautifully decorated.

The only negative aspect of our visit was that they did not provide daily room service unless you requested it. We were, however, able to get our own clean towels ourselves from a linen closet outside our room. I just felt it would have been better to provide it and let us decide
if we didn't want it.

Otherwise, I highly recommend visiting this inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Crown Room. It is the most spacious room and nicely decorated. I'd recommend...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Surf City
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I just spent 2 wonderful days at the Culpepper Inn. My room (Poolside) was spacious and very comfortable with all of the amenities you could ask for. And the breakfast both days was spectacular. Holly, the innkeeper, and Kelly, who filled in one day, were both very warm and welcoming, both of them made my visit very enjoyable. And the Inn is just beautiful and so welcoming. You feel like you are walking into a home and just want to sit and stay a while. I am looking forward to my next visit, I have already picked out the room.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SurfCityBeachGal
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We had the most wonderful experience here. They made you feel like family from the minute you walked in. They even helped me get my husband and daughter from the airport. I would highly recommend staying here and will definately be back

• Stayed August 2013
Greensboro
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We have just returned from a thoroughly delightful stay at the Culpepper Inn. We stayed in the Lavender Room which had soothing pale lavender walls and a surprisingly pleasing green bathroom. The room itself was clean and quiet, with a new king-size bed in which we slept soundly all night.
Breakfast was sumptuous and worthy of five stars! I have attached photos, but what we ate was a rosemary ham quiche with roasted asparagus, smoked gouda grits and pepper crusted bacon. The photos do not do the bacon justice as I think it was the most delicious bacon I have ever tasted! Oh, and there was a first course of fresh fruit, ginger orange bread, and orange juice.
Holly was gracious, attentive to our needs, and had interesting stories to tell about this historic home. By the time we left, we felt we had a new friend. I wish Holly lived in my town.
We drove past the other two B&Bs we had considered staying at and were so glad we chose the Culpepper Inn which is located on a much nicer street. It is a little bit off the road and surrounded by nice homes. We spent some time in the large living room and could imagine ourselves as the owners of this grand home back in the day. Since we had practically free roam of the whole property, it wasn’t hard to do. If we ever get to Eliz City again, we will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: The Lavender Room was beautiful - and quiet, which is important when you want to sleep.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business