“A Pleasant Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elizabeth City
Culpepper Inn Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 11 July 2014

My wife and I stayed overnight while we were in Elizabeth City to see a play at College of the Albamarle. The inn is very well kept and inviting. Our only complaint was that the AC (which is not individually adjustable in the rooms) was set somewhat lower than we like it. We'd still recommend this to anyone needing comfortable accommodations in Elizabeth City and will probably stay again if we have occasion to.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Over the July 4th weekend my wife & I were traveling to the Outer Banks for a 2 week vacation. Hurricane Art had other plans for us & we had to scramble a bit for an extra nights accommodations. We happened to come across The Culpepper Inn during an online search for a room. The inn was just wonderful the room was clean, spacious & well appointed. Holly & Mike showed us around the inn & made sure that all of our needs were seen to. Breakfast was delicious, with there Granddaughter being our waitress, so very wonderful! Holly recommended the Cypress Grille for dinner & the key lime pie for dessert. Best key lime I think I ever had and a nice walk to the Elizabeth City waterfront. I have to say, Thanks to Hurricane Art, otherwise we would not have found The Culpepper Inn. Only missed a day on the Outer Banks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DavidS52356
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Holly and Michael Audette have created a gorgeously comfortable space for travelers in the Elizabeth City area, and embody the very essence of Southern hospitality. My husband combined business with pleasure over the July 4th holiday weekend, and enjoyed every moment of our time at the Culpepper Inn. Melanie greeted us warmly and made us feel like one of the family on a tour of the estate before showing us to the lovely Lavender Room with its 'Princess and the Pea' bed! There are always delicious baked goods to nibble and several gathering places to relax with new friends, including an in-ground saltwater pool. I look forward to returning to this home away from home next time I'm in the area for business or pleasure!

Room Tip: The Lavender Room is gorgeous and comfy!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My companion and I travelled to Elizabeth City around Christmas and enjoyed two nights at the Culpepper Inn. The whole house was decorated for the holidays, and the rooms we stayed in--the Rose Room and Lavender Room--were very comfortable. Breakfast each morning was delicious. We enjoyed a very nice break in the middle of the holiday hustle and would stay here again if we had the opportunity.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Holly & Melanie made us feel very special for our 34 th Wedding Anniversary. The B&B is very nicely appointed & clean as a pin. The extras are everywhere... the "Tavern" is a special place set aside for meeting others and having a drink or a coffee or popping some popcorn for a snack. But, there are snacks a plenty, as there are containers of freshly baked sweets of many descriptions. There were pastry offerings in the living room, the morning dining room the "Tavern" & special chocolates in your room. The included Breakfast was started by Juice & a fresh fruit cup, then followed by freshly baked Sweet French toast, augmented with fruits & a wonderfully flavored sauce. Plus a potatoe casserole and sausage links. Unlimited coffee was ready & waiting when we sat down. Perfect way to start the day.

Room Tip: ll the rooms in the main house are on the second floor & are all beautiful, as we toured all of...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnanwill
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I normally don't do B and B's but this was awesome. Room was beautifully decorated, comfortable and very clean. Owner was so welcoming and hands on with sharing the history of the Inn and a tour of the surroundings. Family members were here in town for an incredible celebration of a 16 year old cousin being cancer free. Staying here kept us close to family and events. We had an awesome experience all round and I would definately stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in the pool view room and my sister stayed in the gold room. Both could not have been more...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

This was our first time staying at this inn. We had a beautiful room, delicious breakfasts, and Holly, the innkeeper, was very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The inn was charming and beautifully decorated.

The only negative aspect of our visit was that they did not provide daily room service unless you requested it. We were, however, able to get our own clean towels ourselves from a linen closet outside our room. I just felt it would have been better to provide it and let us decide
if we didn't want it.

Otherwise, I highly recommend visiting this inn.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Crown Room. It is the most spacious room and nicely decorated. I'd recommend...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple