“Love Golden Corral but not this one”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #40 of 105 Restaurants in Elizabeth City
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
New Egypt, New Jersey
“Love Golden Corral but not this one”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were on vacation in NC and the kids wanted to eat at Golden Corral. This location was the closest so we took the trip even though it was a bit of a drive. We have eaten at many Golden Corral locations and have never had any complaints, normally we really enjoy it.

upon entering you are greeting by an odd smell, at first I thought it was some sort of cleaning product so I quickly dismissed it. Once seated it became aparent it was something more. It smelled like garbage on a hot day. Hesitantely we went to the buffet and most of the food was either dried out, empty or almost empty. I understand we were there at an off time (3:00 pm) but that doesn't excuse the fact that everything was so poor.

The salad bar looked just as bad, the fruit was old looking and had obviously been out for awhile, most of the toppings we empty or close to being empty. I chose to pass on it so I can't say how it tasted.

Desert was almost non existant, Carrot cake, chocolate cake, cotton candy were all gone. I asked the attendent if they were bringing more out she said oh yes I'll be right back. Never to return, waited several minutes and no one came back. So I just skipped it. Before leaving I walked over approx 30 min had passed and still both were empty.

Golden Corral in general is a very nice restaurant this particular one is run VERY poor. Would not recommend.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tracy3567

Port Orange, Florida
“good food, good service”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I stopped in to the Golden corral restaurant today for lunch, I was given my drink moved through line quickly and efficiently, and seated at my table. Our server Cindy was friendly, quick with a refill and a joy to have as a server. The food was hot and plentiful, and the carver at the carving station was attentive and friendly. The restaurant was clean and tidy, and laid out for efficiency in moving people through the lines at the buffet. Overall, it was a very nice experience, with good service and a clean restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Elizabeth City, North Carolina, United States
“Golden Corral Breakfast Manager”
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Breakfast Mananger Elizabeth City Golden Corral:
I do not even know where to begin. This place is a mess. The food regulations are not being met. The staff are not scheduled properly and the owner is a tyrant. Unbelieveable lack of professionalism. I was never given proper training. I was expected to open breakfast bar in one hour's time while others came in early so they would not be fired for not getting things out in time they did not recieve pay for their time. No one gets paid before 6 am. Doors are locked and no one comes to the door while you stand outside in the dark. Employees are second rate and volitle. The bakery mananger physically came after me after I questioned her judgement about leaving me a note in the cooler about an order instead of on the designated board. She was held back by a manager. I approached the owner and he fired me. There were 2 employees who constanly mocked me and berated me. The dishwasher would throw my dishes and not wash them. (a man over 6 feet tall) He also would turn all my timers on so they went off while I was in other parts of the restaurant. Nothing was done to protect me. The owner heard his story but did not allow me to discuss what had happened with him. It would have been easy for him to review his video recordings. I may be filing a formal suit against them. Unsanitary environment. Forced to re-lable food that was out of date two days ahead. Bakery products not put in the cooler but in the meat room. Produced washed in a sink where meat is prepared. Waitstaff is not givien vacuums but a broom. If you notice a smell it is because there is food in carpets and standing water in back along with trash behind food prep areas. DO NOT EAT HERE! You will never recieve the same product twice. The bad employees are allowed to intimidate and the good ones don't get paid for their time. I have worked in the food industry for over 10 years and have never seen such a disaster.

• Visited November 2012
7 Thank Laurie M
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Just bad food”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The food looked like it had been out for days,items loofed like they were just dry and had been out for a long time

Visited October 2012
2 Thank ricky b
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE
“Decent lunch stop”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This was my first stop at a Golden Corral. I didn't know what to expect but hey it was just lunch. It turns out that it was a decent place to eat and get your fill. There were dozens of items on the serving line and mostly things seemed to be fresh. There were items I passed over because they just looked like they had been cooked to death but there were so many things to choose from that it wasn't a problem. I figure if you can't find something there to eat you just aren't trying. It wasn't a great dining experience and had the feel of being more like a cafeteria but if you are hungry who cares right? All in all I would recommend it and I would go to this or to another Golden Corral.

Visited September 2012