“Good service”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Came here with a very large group and the service was curious and fast. Had the Seafront Platter, grilled, healthy side dishes. Still the food was very greasy, so much so that I had an uneasy stomach all night. But that's me, everyone else in the group was happy.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I took another day trip to Elizabeth City. As usual, we stopped at Groupers, right on the water. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon around 1:00. We had our chihuahua with us so we sat outside of the rail on the deck. The restaurant was very busy both inside and out. There were only two servers and one man in the kitchen. When our orders were taken, our server explained it might take a few minutes because everyone came in at almost the same time. That was no problem as we enjoyed the sun and the Bloody Mary. My steamed shrimp were cooked perfectly and very good with the cocktail sauce. We both had half salads which were huge. They were also very good and had lots of goodies including avocado. Once again we were pleased with or visit.

3  Thank Mike353632
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We were heading home today with some friends from a pleasant weekend in Carolina and stopped at Grouper's Waterfront for a nice late lunch. The location was pleasant and the view nice, but the wait was a bit long. The couple at the table next to us left after waiting over an hour for their food, having never receiving it. We waited quite a bit until the bartender came over to fill in for the waitstaff letting us know they were down to one waitress. She was pleasant and tried to make the situation more bearable. My husband & I both ordered the Scallop and Crab Casserole, looking forward to the seafood dish at about $12.95. The casserole was watery with no crab to be found, but it did have large chunks of under cooked scallops. The hush-puppies were good, but the rest of the food was bland. Maybe we hit them on an "off" day but it's not a place I would recommend.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had read mixed review and had mediocre expectations. They friendly staff won me over, food was not the best I have ever had but overall very good considering the low prices. Beer was cold and the staff was very helpful. We sat inside since they had a large party earlier on the deck, but the outside seating looked ideal.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We love seafood and this seemed to be the place to go in Elizabeth City. Located on the waterfront, with a great view. First we ate dinner, returned for lunch the following day and then in the evening the same day. Very good and varied menu-prepared and seasoned very well. My wife and I are very choosy, so it has to be good to get this rating. The service is a little slow, so don't go here is you are in a hurry. For us, we were happy to sit for a while and enjoy the view. Oh, and the price was very reasonable too. I am not an expert on what's available in Elizabeth City, but my brother has lived here for several years and eats out regularily. He rates this as one of the top restaurants in Elizabeth City.