“Fantastic Local Establishment”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Fantastic Local Establishment”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We enjoyed the Sandwich market. We stopped here on a walk one day around lunch time on a Thursday afternoon. It was pretty busy so we thought it must be good. It was really good and service was excellent. Although they do not have a military discount they are relatively reasonably priced and way better than your local subway. Me and my husband wanted a spicy sandwich but they did not really have anything spicy so we split a Blondie which included ham turkey and bacon, with the fixings the lady offered to put cherry peppers on the sandwich with no extra charge which is awesome because every other sandwich shop tries to nickel and dime you. They have free refills and fresh sweet tea. It comes with a a bag of utz regular potato chlps. What was really nice was that we split a Blondie and they gave us two bags of chips vs one bag that you get with a foot long. No extra charge. Very nice place and very nice people we LOVED it.

Visited June 2014

“LOVE IT!”
Reviewed 11 June 2013 via mobile

The only thing that upsets me about The Sandwich Market is I didn't find it sooner! Delicious and delughtful are the two best words to describe your establishment!!

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Another hidden gem”
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Three of us had lunch last Saturday based on the recommendation of the only one in the group who had been there previously. It is certainly off the beaten path on a side street, but there was a large parking area and ample tables for seating. I was immediately impressed with the very high sanitation rating, and the cleanliness of the place was obvious. There is a nice variety of menu choices---you order at the counter from a list posted on the wall. You get your drink immediately and then your food is brought to your table.
Each of us had a different item---one chicken wrap, one toasted cheese, and one turkey sandwich with a side salad. All were freshly made and delicious. My salad was crisp and fresh---my only complaint is that the so-called Italian dressing was not to my taste. Prices were very reasonable.
I would highly recommend this place as a healthy and tasty alternative to fast food. I don't live in the area but would return if I were there.

• Visited May 2013
Edenton, North Carolina
“Best Sandwich in the Albemarle Area”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

They make fantastic sandwiches and delicious soups. I love this place and eat here as often as I can. I usually order 1/2 tuna salad sandwich that comes with chips and a pickle.The pickle is crunchy and they have fantastic home made soups and desserts. The restaurant is kept clean and up to date. The prices are reasonable and the staff very friendly.

• Visited January 2013
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
“Decent sandwhich, over priced”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Good sandwich, but thought it was a little over priced for the food. It is a nice atmosphere, and always seems busy at lunch.

Visited May 2012