“We go at least a few times a month”
Review of Volcano Sushi

Volcano Sushi
Ranked #38 of 107 Restaurants in Elizabeth City
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Best Sushi in Elizabeth City and on a more national level it's really good. The staff is friendly and the prices are reasonable. The decor is a little lacking but that is not what we go there for.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

Volcano seems like a local hotspot in our small town but it just misses the mark for me a little. The food is delicious, but super expensive for the small amount that is given (hibachi), however the sushi is good. Not to mention almost all the servers are shy and sometimes rude. I am a waitress myself and I know how I would like to be treated. This is a nice place to go ocassionally, but not weekly or monthly.

1  Thank Waitresshwy
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I have to say. We gave Toyama's one more try and they cannot even compare to this place. The pricing is much more reasonable and the sushi/sashimi so much better. Much more generous portions and fantastic service here.
The staff here are also so much more personable and friendly. Winnie is our favorite:)) They all truly cater to the customer and we have never ever left unhappy. We have sent over 10 friends that were regulars at Toyama's and they all agree. It doesn't get any better than this.
While we don't do the grill because we love sushi, everyone we know seems to love that area of the restaurant also.
THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO FOR GREAT SUSHI. WE WILL NEVER GO ANYWHERE ELSE AS LONG AS WE LIVE HERE AND GO OUT FOR A LOCAL SUSHI NIGHT:))

Reviewed 16 August 2013

The Bento box lunch is the best deal in the City for Asian--you get two choices of main dishes (Katsu, Soba, Udon, etc, sushi...). I will warn you, the sushi can get expensive. The sushi bar chefs take care of you with free tastes of things, so tip them well!

I'll be back, but I think I'll save a sushi hankering for Toyama which is much more affordable.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Food was good but the staff was really fun. We told them one of us had a birthday the following Friday and one had just had one. They came in with a huge Japanese drum and desert for them. They sang Happy Birthday to a fun beat and made them dance. :)