Quality Inn Elizabeth City
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I stayed here because our power was out due to hurricane irene. I knew it was gonna be bad because they have a bar that stays open late. Sure enough, we had a room very close to the front of the building and all we heard was cussing and loud, rude talking all night long. They allow people to stand out in front of the lobby to smoke and when you get drunks at 1am together, you know what happens. I looked out the window one time and it was the manager and his family out there smoking and loud talking! Needless to say we got absolutely no sleep. I complained the next morning and all the girl at the front desk could say was, "yes that is a problem but we don't know what to do about it". Quality Inn needs to look at this manager and his way of running things and clean his act up. He does not know how to run a decent family hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank m m

Reviewed 25 July 2011

My family stayed in this Quality Inn on July 23, 2011. As I have read, the outdoor walkways, stairways look pretty bad. The rooms were ok--our shower had been renovated - nice! The carpets are bad--stains, etc. The staff was nice. The desk clerk was very friendly and we loved having ajoining rooms. The pool was great! Price was good We went down to get the complimentary breakfast on Sunday and found a line at the desk as folks were checking out and 1 very patient desk clerk was taking care of them and handing out the breakfast vouchers. Then in the dining area the tables were either full or customers were waiting for a table to be cleared. It appeared there was only 1 or 2 people working. We had 3 young children in our group of 7, so we left and went to I-Hop to eat. I commend the motel on having the breakfast available, but THEY NEED MORE STAFF!!! The motel was pretty full, so I would think there would be more workers to accommodate the travelers!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mimitosix
CEGHotelsResponse, Manager at Quality Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Thank your for taking the time to review our hotel. Thank you for your concerns about the carpet and the breakfast situation. We will be passing these issues on to the staff so we can improve in these areas.

We are going to work on improving the breakfast service. We apologize for the trouble.
Whether traveling for business or pleasure, make the Quality Inn hotel your home away from home when visiting the Elizabeth City area.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you will come see us again real soon!!!

Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed here for an extended stay while our house was being renovated. The room was in good condition, the beds were comfortable and clean. The room was facing the courtyard and was quiet. Breakfast was very good and the waitstaff was friendly. The front desk staff was helpful and accomodating in adjusting our rate for an extended stay (close to 2 weeks). Overall, this was a positive experience and I would definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank potato_chip247

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Congrats on your home renovations! We are so very happy that we could accommodate you!

All spacious guest rooms have coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards and cable television with HBO. Some rooms come equipped with refrigerators and microwaves. Handicap accessible and non-smoking rooms can be requested.

We hope that you will come see us again soon. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed 18 July 2011

While I agree with previous reviews that the hotel is a bit rundown, I must say that I still found it to be a more than adequate hotel. The staff was very friendly and the housekeeping was excellent. It was very quiet while we were there and the breakfast was better than you would find at many nicer hotels. The pool was clean and the landscapig was well maintained. I would stay here again

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments help us provide great service to our guests. We have been working really hard to make our hotel a great place to stay.

This Elizabeth City, NC hotel, one of the only full-service hotels in Elizabeth City, provides business travelers with conveniences like access to copy and fax services. There are meeting and banquet rooms available to accommodate most events and business functions.

We hope you will come stay with us again soon. Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 11 July 2010

We spent one night here and what a dump this place was. It was late when we checked in, but I should have known something was up when walking up the concrete steps there was trash on the steps. Note even the next day when we were leaving I saw the "cleaning" crew and I use the term loosely, walked right by it and did not pick up the trash. The room was clearly outdated and was not clean. My wife and kids would not take a shower after looking at the bath tub. Whatever you do avoid this dump!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank dkglas
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I had read the reviews and forgot to take the list with me. Now I know why the reviews were not so great.
My friend booked the room and told the people that we would be arriving late. We got there
after midnight because we got lost. When my friend called the hotel the receptionist who answered
was very nice and patient and sort of told us how to get there. The GPS did not recognize a divide in the road where there was just a big red stop sign it was just too dark. She made a left turn and got lost again and came back around and turned right this time and finally got there . We were going to stay two nights but left the next day.

When we got into the room my friend was so tired from driving she just plopped on the bed. On her bed was a strand of hair. On the bed I was going to sleep on , one of the pillow cases had two small stains on it. I went and showed the pillow to the girl so she could see it for herself.
She was understanding but it was too late at night to do something. She offered us another room be we were too tired from the very long drive. The room was originally for $79.99 and she discounted it for $71.00 better than nothing I guess. I slept with the clothes I arrived in . No way Jose was I going to change into my pj's.
The room looked like it had not been vacuumed and there were crumbs by the night table on the floor.
To me it looked like someone had stayed there and they just just straightened up a little bit. Compared to the other hotels I stayed it the rest of the week the pillows looked like they were just fluffed up after someone just used them.
The breakfast the next day was fairly good and the young man(Justin) was really nice and courteous . So that was one good thing.
I would not recommend this hotel for families or couples or women traveling alone.
This hotel would be good for truck drivers, maybe college buddies, sports buddies(etc) more in staying overnight for rest or hanging out for a few days.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank islaoriental
Reviewed 22 December 2009

My wife and I were on our return trip to New Jersey. We had been driving for about 10 hours and needed a place to stay to recharge. Not being from the area we stopped at the first hotel we came to in Elizabeth City. It was about 1030pm when we checked in to our room. What a mistake!!! No towels, carpet was dirty, room was musty(wet carpet) looked as though it needed to be dusted, microwave was not clean. We complained to the front desk about the issues to the room. we managed to get towels about 20 minutes later. We wanted to change rooms but found out that there were no other rooms available with micro-fridge. Breakfast was the only good part of our visit thanks to a nice wait staff. My wife an I left shortly there after eating. I can not imagine any one staying more than a day here. Had we known better we would have not stayed. please dont waste your money. I plan to stay else where if we stay in Elizabeth city again.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple