“nice economy motel”

Quality Inn Elizabeth City
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Elizabeth City
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here recently under some pretty extenuating circumstances. The staff could not have been more accommodating and kind. My first floor, single, non-smoking room was very comfortable. To address prior posts, yes, the property may have a few bumps and dings here and there from wear I guess, but my room was very clean and everything was in working order. I've never stayed in an economy motel without at least one tile needing a slight regrout or something like that. That has nothing to do (for me) with the overall comfort and value, and I would not hesitate to stay here based on the choices in town and the price range.

Room Tip: I was on the side facing the neighboring motel (EconoLodge I think).

Reviewed 17 September 2013

We stayed at this location Sept 2nd, 2013. The Staff was nice and friendly (southern hospitality). Room was clean-Very Clean every day and we stay for five days, no horror story-just the best kept secret that this hotel is just as good as the others hotels i've stayed in (Great sleeping bed)..As we are from the area, and I will definately stay again. Ginni

1  Thank LvandEd
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I have been visiting this location for several years. It has always had very efficient staffing, as well as cleanliness. I have never experienced, in the many rooms I have stayed in, any type of bugs or nasty sheets, and don't think I ever will. I very rarely make a reservation, because the trips I make are usually unplanned. I find the food extremely acceptable, and do enjoy not having to go out and get breakfast, as I am on the road frequently. They have also substituted for me. I have stayed at hotels in other cities with a continental breakfast, and find them to be quite boring. The specials they have for dinner are also quite appetizing and plentiful. The hotel is extremely well maintained and the staff is always very cooperative to anything I have ever asked for, including the need of extra towels and shampoos. This is the friendliest place I have every stayed in, and I have referred them to several family members and coworkers. They have stayed there and thanked me for the referral.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent! In warmer weather, choose a room close to the pool if you have childre...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Frank B
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Good breakfast (full meal with drinks for both adults & kids) with nice server. Had good night stay for very reasonable price. Location & price was key to our travels. This hotel had a great crib for infants/toddlers, probably one of the best we have used. I wish all hotels had sturdy cribs like this one.

2  Thank Beth1143
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My family traveled to Quality Inn due to their location and amentities. Checked in late 9pm as we were tired from a 8 hr drive with two small kids (7yr and 2yr). The next morning we woke and our oldest pulled the covers back to find he slept in blood stained sheets! Absolutely horrific and disurbing.
We started packing and loading our vehicle and our neighboring vehicle's windows were busted out with glass everywhere. The police spoke to the other guest as we loaded up. To end this we wanted to eat before we got back on the road. No one greeted us so we just sat down. Staff was rude and food was cold. Not worth eating even if included with the room. W just left.
After all this the hotel sent an apology email. Hoping we would come back! What a joke!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ms_C_06
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We usually stay at choice hotels because they are clean and priced right. But this one did not meet the usual standards. First my wife killed a roach that was about a inch long in the room. Second the pool had more dead bugs floating in the water than I have ever seen before. Third the hot breakfast they advertise was not as good as most. The food was very limited I would have preferred a continental breakfast as there would have been more choices. and finally they only put two towels in the room each day.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank wltgl
Reviewed 21 June 2013

One of the things I don't like about Choice Hotel properties is the variance in quality. This property regrettably is a makeover that didn't quite make it. It appears to be a circa 1960s motel that got a new coat of stucco and paint with some furniture, but still is a sub par offering for the rates being asked. The first room I checked into had no wireless service, and the prompt on the desk was for me, the guest, to troubleshoot it with Time Warner Business Class. After a 10 minute hold for TWC, I ditched that and went to the front desk. They nicely offered to change rooms. Internet worked in the new room, but the latch holding the lock bar (see picture below) in place was already coming out of the door jamb. Also too few electrical outlets. I should have stayed at the newer Hampton Inn up the street.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor on the west side facing the parking lot. It's the quietest.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Mike P, Manager at Quality Inn Elizabeth City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Thank You for the review and we do apologize for any in convince the room may have caused. We do ask that all our guest let us know of any issues that they may have so we can address any problems at the time of the stay.

Thank You….