“Great experience”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elkin
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great experience”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My family and I were lucky enough to stay at this hotel Friday, October 11, 2013, while travelling north from Atlanta. We had been calling hotels along I-77 with no luck due to a nascar race, local festivals, and several weddings. When I called the Fairfield Inn, Matt the desk clerk was extremely nice, taking my information for registration over the phone for the last available room as we drove up. From the start to the finish of our stay, the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and the furnishings/bedding were attractive and looked new. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 15 October 2013

As a Marriott Rewards Platinum member I stay at a lot of Marriott Hotels and this is one of the nicest. The people who work her are friendly yet professional and the property is very well maintained. Our king size bed was super comfortable and the big screen tv in the sitting room was tremendous!

Room Tip: We were in room 509 which was next to the elevator but not noisy at all.
Zelienople, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed at this Fairfield on October 8,2013. They honored the traveler book coupon that you get at any state rest area. This place is the best we have stayed in. It is a class operation and they deserve all the credit they receive. Everything about the place says we appreciate your business. We have traveled from PA to FL and back on countless occasions and this is simply the cream of the crop. If Fairfield can achieve this level of hospitality at all other Fairfields then it is "game over" for all other competitors. Believe me and then believe yourself after you stay here for a night or two or three or........ It really is nice and so are the management.

Room Tip: Relax with a beverage at the outdoor fireplace on the very nice patio. Local wines are offered at t...
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Elkin, NC with family while travelling from Florida to Ohio. We needed a place to stop part way and Elkin made sense time-wise. In a word, this property is phenomenal. The room was spacious and immaculately clean. The breakfast was top-notch, as well- eggs and bacon plus sausage gravy and biscuits, as well as the carbs that are common on Fairfield breakfast bars. However, the thing that really sets this property apart is the staff service and the extremes that this property goes to in decorating for the season. We visited in early-October. There were literally thousands of dollars worth of tasteful and professionally arranged autumn decorations throughout the lobby and common spaces. Based on the photos on Trip Advisor, it looks like they do this for each season. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. In fact, for my next drive to Florida, I'm considering timing it so that I need an overnight in Elkin again just to have the pleasure of staying at this property another time. It really was top-notch.

Room Tip: I stayed facing the highway and didn't have any noise concerns, which was a very pleasant surpri...
Virginia
Reviewed 9 October 2013

They take extra care of this hotel, I'm talking steam cleaning tiles during the day and it's obvious. Great, friendly staff and I will always stay here when in the Elkin area! Hotel cleanliness is imperative to me and they go above to keep it clean. Nice beds and I slept well.

1 Thank VirginiaTravelingman
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 October 2013

We stayed here with 2 other couples to attend a wine dinner at a nearby Winery. What a pleasant surprise! The room was spacious and exceptionally clean. Free Wi-fi, wonderful full breakfast was included. The staff were friendly and very professional. We especially enjoyed sitting out on the Patio around a lovely fireplace enjoying one more glass of wine before retiring! Highly recommend, especially if you want to explore the nearby wineries.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor at the end of the hall and it was extremely quiet.
2 Thank Bert B
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have stayed a lot of hotels in this price range and this one is nicest I have ever seen. I would put in the top 5 of all the hotels I have stayed in at any price, despite the fact Fairfield is considered a "bargain" chain. This is a beautiful first rate facility with a caring staff that goes the extra mile to make your stay as nice as possible.
In the interest of full disclosure, I was upgraded from a standard 2-bed room to a huge suite at check in without asking and for reasons that were never explained (room was booked as regular Joe with senior discount.I did not aske for any special treatment or upgrades. Once I saw the room, I asked if they made a mistake and they said "no." But they never explained why I was upgraded). The suite was beautiful with separate "living room" with 46-inch HDTV with full HD service and guide, just like I have at home. Second 32 inch HD in bedroom. Bose Radio. Keurig coffee maker. Silestone countertops. Very tastefully decorated. A real first class room.
But everything about the hotel was first class. Little things made it seem more luxurious. Like REAL plates, sliverware and cloth napkins in the dining area, which I have never seen anywhere. Scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon as hot choices, along with biscuits and gravy and prepared hot oatmeal. Stacks of free bottled water for those who used the exercise room. Free Wall Street Journal as well as USA Today. Plus the lobby was lavishly decorated for the fall season.
My only complaint was the climate control unit was very loud, which somewhat marred the suite experience.
Overall, it's hard to go wrong staying at this Fairfield Inn. Definitely one of the stars of this chain. The only "excellent" rating I have ever given.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Zapatop
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkin
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy
Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Hampton Inn Mount Airy
#1 of 8 in Mount Airy

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville? Share your experiences!