“Simplistic beauty for a great price”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elkin
“Simplistic beauty for a great price”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Checked in on the last day of February, I'm only here in town for a week but thought this place would be a nice peaceful respet from the city life. As a Marriott Gold Elite member I was greated with a goody bag at check in... that's a first. I made my original reservation for a King sofa and was pleasantly upgraded to a California King Jr. Suite..... no complaints here. I feel like I've been pampered. Thank You. I travel frequently and have never had a stay at a Fairfield that's as nice as this. The breakfast goes till 10 am, you have many choices....eggs, sausage, bacon, sausage gravey, chicken nuggets and hot apples. Hot coffee, fresh fruit, milk, yoghurt, cheese and a small selection of danishes along with juice.
In the afternoon they have the most wonderful cookies...one of them is a Brownie thats filled with coconut.
The workout room is lovely they provide bottles of water and headphones (that was a first for me). They have 2 treadmill's an elliptical, stationary bike, weights and chairs to sit in after your workout.

I love the fact that they DO NOT allow guests to have alcohol in the lobby between 2:30am and 6:30am.
The staff is friendly and so kind, just remember to be kind first.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank bmyangel_19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Kernersville, NC
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Just got back from an overnight stay with my husband to visit the wineries in the area. I'm so glad we stayed at this hotel. Everything about this place is perfect. It's right off 77, it's immaculate and beautiful. The indoor pool and large hot tub was exactly what I was looking for. It even had nice outdoor patio and fireplace with a great fire in the evenings, perfect after visiting wineries all day. The bottled water at the pool and gym was a very nice touch. It was nice not having to spend money at the vending machine. The lobby also has a great offering of beer, wine, other snacks for purchase. My husband and I couldn't believe the large free breakfast. I'm talking sausage gravy, biscuits, eggs, baked apples, bacon, cereals, bagels, homemade waffles, fresh fruit salad. This place is nicer than most 4 stars we have stayed at. We loved the young man named Austin who was so friendly and asked if everything was ok in our room. Austin if you're reading this, good luck with your school! The room was spotless, nicely decorated, and the bed was comfy with plenty of pillows. All in all, just a perfect stay. Cannot wait to go back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Heather875
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Had a great weekend stay at this Hotel. Suites were large, clean and had all the extras even a Keurig . Door go closed a little loud but that was not much of a bother. Staff was always friendly and willing to answer questions. Breakfast had everything anyone could desire to eat. Would stay here again should the need arise.

Room Tip: I had a king suite which was spacious and felt like home. There was little noise from the Interstate...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Nancy G
Danville
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I travel pretty extensively on my job. I have stayed at hotels as many as 250 nights a year. I have stayed at all the chains...Marriott, Hilton, Windham etc. I have never been more impressed with a hotel than I am with the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott in Elkin, N.C. Not only is the hotel kept immaculate at all times, the way they go all out to decorate for holidays is amazing. It all boils down to the staff. You would be hard pressed to find a better overall staff than the one at this hotel. I cant emphasize enough how wonderful the stay is at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeremy H
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Great Value complemented by a Great Staff. Clean Rooms and very Friendly People; Everyone. Friends with us could not get over how nice this was and again the Value for the this stay . This was our 3rd. stay and we will be back ; I hope soon.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank S1111BCJames_B
north carolina
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I spent the night here on 2/12/14 during the big snow storm. I was grateful to have a place to stay in my work town as I have to work even when it snows. This is the newest hotel in town, it's clean and they were very gracious to the folks that were there. It was full of medical folks and electrical folks. I had hoped to go home the next day and did not reserve a room for 2/13. And they would not extend our room because they were full. We had to move across town. I was rooming with a 3rd shift worker and she needed to sleep during the day. They did call later in the day and offered us a room, but then it was to late as we had made other arrangements. The breakfast bar was very good and that was appreciated.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Matthew D, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
NCSandy,

I want to convey our sincere apologies. We hope that in the future we will have another opportunity to better serve you.

Matthew Delano
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I was very surprised at how nice this hotel was. We did a quick weekend trip from Charlotte and stayed one night.The staff was very nice from the moment we walked in. The hotel looks like new and is very clean. It's a basic hotel, what you'd expect of a Fairfield but really very clean and has everything you need. Our room was very nice, had a seperate room area with a couch and a second television. The hot breakfast was great to start the day. There is always coffee and cookies available in the lobby. The hotel was very nicely decorated for Valentines Day. Really great! We were a little sad the hot tub was closed for repair but we were so busy at wineries ended up not missing it. Easy location to stay at when visiting many of the wineries such as Shelton, Raffaldini, Dobbson and don't miss the great dinner right down the road in Elkin at twenty one main. We will defintiely be staying here again when we come for a visit to yadkin valley.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkin
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy
Hampton Inn Mount Airy
Hampton Inn Mount Airy
#1 of 8 in Mount Airy

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville? Share your experiences!