“Superb place to stay by far!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elkin
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Without question this Fairfield Inn & Suites is the best hotel we have ever stayed at. You will not be disappointed at the quality and service this establishment has to offer such as genuine silverware and chinaware at breakfast; no paper or plastic here as well as the cups in the rooms. Being a Gold Marriott rewards member we were pleasantly offered a suite upgrade and a bag of goodies from the Market Place they have on the premises. The breakfast was exceptional by the variety of choices that one could choose from. The room itself had excellent sleeping accommodations and climate control which could be set down to 60 degrees if needed and we always use that setting or lower for sleeping comfort. We have nothing negative to say about this place and will make special efforts to stop there on our way to and from New York to the southern United States areas.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had an overnight stay on the way south and picked this hotel based on previous reviews and its location. It is a very nice building and very clean. The lobby was nicely decorated for Easter and breakfast was quite good. We found the decor in the rooms a bit much. The carpet was black and white as was the couch in the room but they were completely different patterns and with all the bright green trim it was not what we would consider a restful room. We arrived on a Sunday afternoon and the lobby/breakfast area had been taken over for either a bridal or baby shower which also spilled out into the outside sitting area - so we weren't able to sit and enjoy the outside area or lobby and relax after a long drive. We would stay here again as it was a nice hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times; each stay multiple nights. The hotel is well maintained and the staff here are very welcoming and pleasant. The breakfast offering is great. A wide range of hot and cold foods, cereals, beverages, and fruits. Don't forget the cookies at night. On Mondays there is a manager's event which is sandwiches, chips, etc. This is probably to compensate that most restaurants in the Yadkin Valley area are closed on Monday nights - crazy but true. (Many are even closed on Tuesday, too).

My one point downgrade is because of what happened recently when I was upgraded to a suite. I'm currently here for another multiple-day stay and have a lot of clothes with me. The suites have no chest of drawers. Where do we put our clothes if we don't want to live out of a suitcase? I mentioned this to the front desk and they admitted that none of the suites have a chest of drawers. They put them only in the smaller, regular rooms. The upgrade was a nice gesture, but I'll never accept it again. Go for the low-barrier rooms if they are available. Those bathrooms are bigger than a suite's and you get a chest of drawers. Also get a low floor room to allow you to avoid the very slow elevators.

Room Tip: Get a low floor room - slow elevators. Low barrier / handicapped rooms have large bathrooms and lar...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My husband and I were on our way to Florida, and picked this hotel randomly. I must say all accommodations were the best I had ever experienced. From the spacious room, to the exceptional breakfast. We will stay there again!

1  Thank Kevin19592
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed here because it was on my way home from a vacation in Florida and we always try to stay at a hotel I can trust, usually a Marriott and most times a Fairfield. This place was wonderful. The staff, lobby, room and patio were first class. Enjoyed the patio with it's outdoor fire place and seating area. I felt like I was in a first class resort. The lobby was tastefully decorated for Easter and it looked very welcoming. Breakfast was the BEST complementary breakfast we have encountered while on vacation probably ever. We will make sure that we time our trip next year so we stop here again.

2  Thank floor-a-da
Reviewed 12 April 2014

AS per our previous visits this hotel exceeds my expectations. From the front desk staff to the breakfast aides all is first class. I have stayed in Manhatten, San Francisco, Philadelphja, Maui, Kaui and other destinations and this Fairmont leads the pack.

Great pool area, a very nice outside patio with a fire pit, well above average breakfast, very friendly and personable staff, during various holiday seasons the lobby and floors are very well decorated.

Price is well within line of other hotels in the area, but the atmosphere, facilities and the staff cannot be equaled. Several nice restaurants in the area, we really like and recommend Heaven's Scent. It is just a good ole family restaurant.

By the way I am from Pennsylvania and stink bugs are apart of life. They are every where and a great pain in the butt. Harmless but cannot be stopped. Absolutely amazing how they can enter your home, garden, car in garage anywhere. We did not see one at the hotel and I believe the south has not yet seen the stink bug invasion. If you see one do not squash it. If you do you will know from where the name comes.

Room Tip: I like 414 looks out into a wooded area and overlooks outdoor patio.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank thunderbird64
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stopped off the highway after driving all day... Found one bug, then another, then another... One crawling up the drapery. Management said "oh they're just stink bugs". Demanded a refund. Advice: don't be fooled by the nice colors and new setup... It's disgusting!!!!! Comfort inn 3 min away is clean, no bugs. Go there instead!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Kjrn0316
Matthew D, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Kjrn0316,

I want to take the time to apologize for the problem that you had with your past stay with us. I want to assure you that 4 or 5 bugs that were in your guest room were those pesky, "stink bugs" and we have taken care of that room. As you may already be aware we are located in the Yadkin Valley Wine Region and the stink bugs were released to eradicate the lady bug problem that the wineries and local vineyards were having with the lady bug problem. Again, we are very sorry that we did not live up to and exceed your expectations and hope that you would give us another try when your travels brings you our way again. Please feel free to give me a call if you would like to discuss further for a resolution. Again, we are very sorry, and look forward to speaking with you soon.

Respectfully,
Matthew T. Delano
Asstiant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkin
Hampton Inn Jonesville/Elkin
#1 of 8 in Mount Airy
Best Western Bryson Inn
Best Western Bryson Inn
#2 of 8 in Mount Airy

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville? Share your experiences!