“Not terrible, not great”

Pirate's Landing Seafood & Steak Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Elkin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were traveling north on I77 and found Pirate's Landing. We were happy to have found a restaurant so close to the highway that was not a fast food restaurant. I ordered the baby flounder and popcorn shrimp, and my husband ordered the baby flounder and oysters. The baby flounder was very small and thin. There seemed to be more breading than fish, and was pretty much tasteless. The shrimp was ok, but a little greasy and bland. My husband thought the oysters were really good and would happily order them again. The hush puppies were good, as were the french fries, which were probably frozen, but still good. The slaw had some kind of different taste, and after several bites, I decided I did not like the taste. Staff was very friendly and attentive. I would not seek out this restaurant, but if I am traveling and need a place to stop, I probably would.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stopped in for a late lunch and were so full didnt need dinner
The portions were big and the food was very tasty, The waitress was friendly and polite.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

On our drive back from DC we decided to stop for the night in Elkin, NC. We needed to get dinner and the Fairfield Inn suggested this place. I had the grilled shrimp and the others in my party had the grilled seafood platter, oyster poboy and the kids chicken fingers. Every one really enjoyed their dinners. Coming from Boston it was great seafood in the middle of Appalachian mtns. And it was inexpensive!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My family and I make a point of frequenting Pirate's Landing on any road trip that takes us from Ohio to Kiawah Island, SC, and I'm always amazed of the value and and the quality of the seafood. In fact, I would add that the quality of the Pirate's Landing's seafood surpasses any that I've experienced on Kiawah (...not some of my favorite Charleston restaurants however). Service is great and menu is priced for family.

Favorite plate: Yellow Fin Tuna (rare), baked potato, grilled veggies and the chilled fresh salad

I would encourage all to give this place a try...

Reviewed 5 July 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at the authentic decor and everyone had recommended a visit. Big portions and a succulently tender steak were a bonus. We had a Mermaids Cut Prime Rib, a huge portion of tender ribs, calamari and pasta. Great restaurant.