“Good Food and Welcoming Service”
Review of 268 Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
268 Grill
Ranked #18 of 49 Restaurants in Elkin
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We have been trying to go to this restaurant for quite a while and never hit it when they were open. Their hours are 5:30am to 2:00pm M-Sat. and dinner on Thursdays which was limiting for us. But it is worth the effort to make their hours. Both me and my husband had the ground steak patty with fries and cole slaw. The patty tasted very fresh and not greasy. The cole slaw was excellent- fresh, just the right amount of mayo and seasoning. I could have eaten twice the portion of slaw. We talked with the owner Scott (who served us) and found out this restaurant has been around for 30 years- well we had no clue since we thought it had just recently opened. Ooops.

Scott was a delight and made us feel right at home and very welcome. We like local diners for just that reason, but not many have the quality food that 268 Grill has. One thing that is a turn-off though about some diners; they serve the meal on foam plates with foam cups and plastic utensils which I don't care for much. 268 at least only had the foam cups.

I am sure we will become regulars.

1  Thank Livewiretrading