“Homecoming at Elon - 20 year reunion”

The Acorn Inn of Elon
Ranked #1 of 1 Elon B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Homecoming at Elon - 20 year reunion”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Acorn Inn for our 20 yr reunion and homecoming at Elon this past weekend. First, the Inn is adorable, right on campus so you can walk everywhere and the service was outstanding. Mike and his team arranged for us to have BBQ on Friday night and due to the cold weather moved us indoors where 15 of us were able to reconnect and enjoy each other without leaving the building. Each morning there was a terrific home cooked breakfast - the pumpkin bread and frittata were out of this world! We stayed in LT, a 2 bedroom 1 bath suite that was perfect and well appointed! The others stayed on the same floor and 1 room on the first floor. I highly recommend suite LT and the Acorn Inn. What a gem in Elon... I wish this was here when our parents used to come visit!!! We will definitely be back and I know the my friends from the class of 1994 will be booking rooms for their 20th reunion next year!!! Thanks Mike, we love the Acorn Inn!!!!

Room Tip: LT on the 2nd floor is a 2 bedroom 1 bath suite... Great size, small table and sitting area in one b...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Webster Groves, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We had a last minute visit scheduled to Elon University and were hoping to find a close place to stay the night prior to it. The Acorn is about 2 blocks off of campus so it was perfect, and after emailing them late in the evening prior to our stay, they called me immediately to inform me they had a vacancy. We arrived very late (11:30 pm), so they taped a note with our key in in a lock box on the door. We got right in and as we got to our room, noticed a table with fruit, cookies and popcorn for their guests. That was so nice because we were hungry after our long afternoon traveling. Lovely touch. The rooms are very spacious, with fridge and microwave and sitting room. It was a very cozy place to come to so late at night! And the stay included a breakfast as well. Friendly staff as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
New Canaan, Connecticut
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have a child at Elon University .I always stayed in Burlington NC. Finally got a chance to stay at this wonderful Inn. Everyone was great!!! I wish Mike And staff the very best They took really good care of me and my Daughter. Hopefully I can stay there again when I come down. Great Job Mike Brown!!

Ronald Ryan
New Canaan CT

Room Tip: No Pool, No Fitness
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Came to see my grandson at Elon U. Stayed just one night, but the suite was terrific. Spacious, extremely well appointed - perfect. A Ritz wouldn't have been any better. Frankly, I left before breakfast but I enjoyed the apples, cookies and candies that are generously supplied. They also offered me a coffee mug to take home!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed 31 October 2013

So convenient - just a short walk from Elon's campus. A nice place to stay for my daughter and I when we visited campus. Very nice two room suite so we did not need to get two different rooms. Very nice breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We have stayed several times at the Acorn Inn. We always love our stay. The Inn staff are all friendly and very helpful, the rooms are huge, clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is ample. The wonderful part is sitting outside on the patio for breakfast or anytime of day or evening. The location to Elon University is wonderful - so great if you are visiting you child at the school or just visiting the school. And they have free bicycles for touring the town of Elon and the campus - what more could you ask for!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are best if you do not want to climb stairs.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I just returned from a trip to Elon to visit my son at the university. I had the luck of getting a room at The Acorn Inn. This was my first stay here but will not be my last. The suite was clean and spacious with a very comfortable king sized bed. The popcorn and chocolate chip cookies that were left out in the afternoon/evening were much appreciated. I was able to walk to the campus and good little restaurants which was such a convenience. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner, Mike Brown, at checkout and he was very interested to know about my stay. I would definitely recommend this inn to anyone visiting Elon.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elon
Drury Inn & Suites Burlington
Best Western Plus Burlington
Best Western Plus Burlington
#5 of 15 in Burlington
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Burlington (Elon)
Hampton Inn & Suites Burlington
Courtyard Burlington
Courtyard Burlington
#3 of 15 in Burlington
Ramada Burlington Hotel & Conference Center

Been to The Acorn Inn of Elon? Share your experiences!